Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • This is what happens when my other half leaves... >
  • This is what happens when my other half leaves...

• This is what happens when my other half leaves...

Old 07-02-2023, 03:26 AM

Both quilts are great but I really love your sister's quilt!
    Old 07-02-2023, 03:57 AM

Beautiful finished projects. My DH has his own hobbies so I get a lot done either way LOL
    Old 07-02-2023, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by toogie
    I think you did well choosing the black border on sis’s quilt. I like that pattern, does it have a name for the blocks? Also pretty chain quilt for your niece. Speaking of hubby’s leaving. I could always get more housework done the minute he left…,pity it’s been a while since he got off anywhere-lol
    Toogie - the actual pattern for the quilt is on Missouri Star Quilt Company's website - it's called the Flower Chain quilt. They did theirs with a black background and some beautiful batiks, but I went with fall colors and a Muslin background. There's also a tutorial on YouTube, that's where I fell in love with the pattern originally.

Thank you, everyone, I had so much fun getting them done and now I just have to get some backing and get them sandwiched. My machines won't handle that much fabric, so I'm waiting on saving enough for a Juki, but sis's quilt is going to be hand quilted, along with my younger sister's quilt. I just have to clean up and clean out the room my sewing corner is in so I can put my floor frame up and get them going. My other half isn't going to be too pleased when he goes home, I'm getting the itch to get things moving in this room and about 90% of it is his stuff that he's going to have to find new homes for. Oh well, he's known all along when he brought the floor frame home for an early birthday present that this day was coming, he should be better prepared - LOL!!
    Old 07-02-2023, 04:40 PM

Love both quilts.