Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • What I worked on today >
  • What I worked on today

• What I worked on today

Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 AM

beautiful quilt Terri and AWESOME totes!!!! any more selling lately??
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Thanks.
    Nope, no more selling.

When I was at the post office, I had one with me. A lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me where I bought it. I told her I made them and that I do take orders. She asked me how much and I told her $20, since there isn't shipping involved and it was also a smaller tote that was made with fabric I got for $1/yd. She told me that was too much and that she could buy one just like it at the store. I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't find one JUST LIKE MINE! The stores don't sell them! I'm sure she'll go looking around and then kick herself in the butt for not buying mine. I'll probably see her at the craft fair lol
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 AM

Love the quilt!!
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 AM

I can imagine that it is hard to sell totes these days with so many people making them! Your work is wonderful :)
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Thanks.
    Nope, no more selling.

When I was at the post office, I had one with me. A lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me where I bought it. I told her I made them and that I do take orders. She asked me how much and I told her $20, since there isn't shipping involved and it was also a smaller tote that was made with fabric I got for $1/yd. She told me that was too much and that she could buy one just like it at the store. I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't find one JUST LIKE MINE! The stores don't sell them! I'm sure she'll go looking around and then kick herself in the butt for not buying mine. I'll probably see her at the craft fair lol
    HA serves her right!! she dont' know a good thing if it was hit over her noggin'!!
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
    I can imagine that it is hard to sell totes these days with so many people making them! Your work is wonderful :)
    Thanks mama.....I pretty much have the market here on island, but they want me to really give them away instead of buying them. I don't think my prices are bad. I sell them for $30 if I ship them and $20 if I don't. Plus, it all depends on the fabric. If it's designer fabric they want, then the price goes up. If they want reversable, that will add to the price too. I adjust depending on what they want.
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:35 AM

Thanks mama.....I pretty much have the market here on island, but they want me to really give them away instead of buying them. I don't think my prices are bad. I sell them for $30 if I ship them and $20 if I don't. Plus, it all depends on the fabric. If it's designer fabric they want, then the price goes up. If they want reversable, that will add to the price too. I adjust depending on what they want.
    Terri I think I have someone here in the city who may sell them for me for next year's tourist season. It is in the main downtown touristy area too!!! I sold a quilt there a few years ago, and had thought of trying to sell another one there next year, so I might throw in a few bags to see if they sell there too!
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 AM

Great quilt and great tootes...really really nice :D
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 AM

Terri I think I have someone here in the city who may sell them for me for next year's tourist season. It is in the main downtown touristy area too!!! I sold a quilt there a few years ago, and had thought of trying to sell another one there next year, so I might throw in a few bags to see if they sell there too!
    If the tourists here spoke English, I'd probably have no problem selling them, but most of the tourists here are Chinese/Japanese or Korean.
    There is Chamorro Village that is open every Wed night, but it is so packed in there, people don't see every table. If you don't have a table up front, then you aren't seen. I know a girl that used to sell her jewelry there...she tried it for a month and made a profit of $10. Not worth it, if you ask me. She said it was horrible there. People bumping into tables and just being rude. I don't think I could sell at a place like that. I've been there once and won't go back. Just TOO crowded.
    Old 09-03-2008, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ania755
    Great quilt and great tootes...really really nice :D
    Thanks ania