Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • What I've been doing since I got back from TN! >
  • What I've been doing since I got back from TN!

• What I've been doing since I got back from TN!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
    wow that view is to die for!! So peaceful looking
    Oh it is so peaceful here. I've set many a time and took things out on the front porch to work on. Watch the birds, cat after the chipmunks, butterflies and hummingbirds. It's nothing to see a deer walk through our property. One day I was getting ready to leave and saw the cat hunched down creeping up on something. A big turkey flew up. Maybe she will catch our Thanksgiving dinner. giggle
    Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sandilee
    We just returned from easten Tennessee last week. We were in Erwin, Johnson City area. The foilage was just starting to turn. Beautiful scenery along the interstate. Espicaly since I am not use to mountains.
    Well, I was there too! My kids live near Middleton. There's a great pumpkin patch place to visit there. We all had a great time when we went to it. I was farther down the road than you went. If you saw a big black jacked up avalanche with camo all over it, it was me!!!! And if you saw three little heads looking out windows, it was really me!!!! giggle
    Old 10-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Betty you have been a busy little 'hummer' haven't you? Glad you got to go see the kids and grands in TN. What cute items you have been working on...one of these days I am gonna bring my pillow & sleeping bag and come and camp out in your craft house!!! Are the kitties from Digger? crafty_linda_b
    Yes I have been busy Linda. I'm not working now. And no more unemployment. So I'm depending on my crafts now for a little income for me. I just love crafting. And it's been so long since I've been able to just set and sew, sew, sew.

Please do bring your stuff and come to WV. Maybe you can make it for Train Days next year in Oct. to Hinton, WV. I'm only 45 min. from there. Just start hopping trains! giggle You would really love he scenery at that time of the year. And I have a whole house we can craft in. It's got the fridge I keep snacks and drinks in. All utitilies are on. There's a whole upstairs to sleep lots of people. A couple of beds up there too. And bed downstairs I keep loaded with craft stuff. But it can be moved.

That would be so much fun!!!!
    Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by quilticing
    Wonderful pics except for one, mama cat. Hope you can get her fixed. She'll be such a treasure fattened up a little.
    Wish I could keep her. But my Digger keep fighting and chaseing her. Both are females. Forgot the kitties don't belong to my Digger. They belong to Ragamuffin, what I call the stray Momma Cat. Soon as the kittens are big enough, I have to take them to the animal shelter, unless I can find homes for them. I'll advertise them on facebook. Hopefully someone close will want one or two. They are pretty. I need to get new pics of them. They have grown so much. And two were on the backporch this morning. I'm so afraid Digger will kill them. I sure hope not.
    Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Love the coasters. What a nice gift ... gave me a great idea for small gifts.
    Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 AM

Thanks everyone else for your compliments. Some of you guys should be seeing fabric I've bought from you here. I'll be showing my rag bag purses soon. And then another bag purse from the same pattern I'm doing. I hope to get those done in the next two days or so.
    Also, I'm so thrilled. A lady from another Craft Store aske Melissa (the one that carries my crafts now) about who done all her sewing. So she gave her my business card. I'm sure hopeing it leads to something great!!!!
    Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by EdieClay
    Love the coasters. What a nice gift ... gave me a great idea for small gifts.
    You are welcome EdieClay. I'm so glad I can give everyone inspiration to get moving on Christmas gifts. I love that time of year. I love making for someone else.

If I was going to make them though for gifts, I'd do them in sets of six or eight. Makes it look like a much bigger gift.

Wait until you see what I do next.

I'm still working on the corn where I hunted for all the kernel corn fabric. I can't wait to show those. I'll have them all made and ready to sell next year. I'll be ahead of the game.

I'm always up for real quick neat ideas too! If anyone has any share.
    Old 10-24-2011, 04:20 AM

Beautiful pictures and what an inspiration you are! Those rags are super! Great job!
    Old 10-24-2011, 01:21 PM

You have been busy!

Beautiful fall colors!
    Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Wait until you guys see my Christmas ornaments I've been working on. I was up at 4am this morning working on some. I couldn't sleep. But went back to bed sometime this morning. I don't remember what time I got up. But went right back to working on crafts. Dummy me!!! I thought I was doing good. I finished up a rag purse today. And dang it, it was the wrong size I needed. So it's just an extra one to put in The Candle Shop when I take a load down. So that one is a do over tomorrow. Shouldn't take me long to get it done for the second time.
    I cut the other purse out for the same size. But she wanted it sewn up regular and not ragged. Where I've been working on all the rag pillows and the purse, another boo boo!!!! giggle I took up a 1/2" seam allowance and only needed a 1/4". But I've already got the second purse cut out. I'll whip it up in the morning. Just finished turning the handles for both purses. One will be just a tad smaller than the other one. So she will have her choice of two now instead of one. It always works out. Main thing is, don't get excited!!!!
    Oh, boy listen at me!!! Telling everyone not to get excited. I hardly ever have any food or drinks around my crafting. But I opened a dr.pepper this morning. Might know I'd knock it off. It hit the floor. But before it did, it spilled some on a quilt top I have to quilt. Boy was I frantic to get that out. I think I got it all out. I didn't even clean the floor up until I made sure the quilt top was ok.
    Sure hope things settle down tomorrow for me.
    I'll do another post to tell you why! I know I won't get any sleep tonight!