Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • What not to do next time! >
  • What not to do next time!

• What not to do next time!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Looks pretty to me, front and back. I sure don't see any errors! Looks cozy, too!
    Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 AM

Whoa, before you give yourself another stroke of the "cat o' nine tails" read your fellow quilters' comments again. This is a great quilt, and you did more piecing on the backing than most of us would take the time to do. I love it.
    Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 AM

I, too, think your quilt looks great. It's hard to tell that your sashings don't line up the way you want them too, no one even notices! I can't tell that the back is crooked, so I'm sure others can't either!
    Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 AM

Well, again, I'm so grateful for all the "atta girl" comments! I'm not sweating the errors -- much -- but I tend to be somewhat anal and so that crooked back will probably always haunt me a little. But not enough to take it apart and fix it! I'll just make sure the backing on the next one is straight!

I agree that unless examined up close it doesn't look too bad, the fabrics are still lovely -- that green, which has a great "hand", has a little white irregular dot in it that makes it just yummy! -- and it will function as a quilt is supposed to, keeping someone's feet warm! And it was a learning experience. I've now quilted three quilts on my DSM and each gets easier (or I get more relaxed and patient), so I'm happy about that, too.

You guys are a good group. Constructive and kind criticism where warranted, and positive and very complimentary remarks, as well. It's the kind of reaction everyone wants and needs when doing something creative. Thank you again!

Marilyn
    Old 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM

Gee, I hope you don't inspect mine. I don't see anything wrong. Looks lovely to me.
    Old 06-10-2013, 08:11 AM

I don't see you problem areas. What I do see is a fascinating quilt which has so much unexpected dimension to it. It looks like you are looking deep beyond the surface of that quilt. I say "nice job".
    Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM
    Power Poster

Your quilt is quite lovely - sometimes I think we are our own worst critics and are too hard on ourselves - I now I am. You did great.
    Old 06-10-2013, 12:56 PM

It is really not that noticeable. I make mistakes all the time on my work but hey, I just learn from them and push forward. All my quilts are used on people's beds anyway and not for show. I do get mad at myself for the mistakes and then I get over it and get on with something new. LOL Pretty pattern and colors in this one. You can be proud of it I like it a lot.
    Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM

It is a lovely quilt, yes I see the borders ruffled a bit. You could try blocking it and see if that will help. If it is all poly batting it probably won't help. I think I would just enjoy it. You have a lovely pattern, and it looks well sewn. We all grow by learning. I'd bet in a year you will look back and look how far you have come--but you don't get there without doing. Your second quilt is miles ahead of what my second quilt looked like!
    Old 06-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Your quilt is lovely. And we have ALL made mistakes, honest. That's how we learn, and learn, and learn. Experience speaking