Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • What is your Avatar about? >
  • What is your Avatar about?

• What is your Avatar about?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Mine is "Effie Ann" - a little doll I made and sold on Ebay. Felt like I was selling one of my children, so thought I would keep her picture around a little longer.
    Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 PM

Mine is a picture of the front of the quilt shop I used to own. I miss it even though I still have my website and am a vendor at quilts shows from time to time.

I love looking at others avatars. They all say so much about each of us, though we may not understand it all. Thanks for asking this question.
    Old 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM

I have read every post on this thread-I don't always take the time to do that. I loved reading all the stories and pictures. My avatar is a picture I took of a cardinal on Dec.12, 2010 during a snowstorm. I love cardinals and was thrilled that I got a decent shot of one. Before this picture, I had one of me, but I got tired of looking at myself everytime I got on here.
    Old 03-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Mine is a wallhanging of a snowman family that I made for a friend for Christmas in 2010.
    Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM

Mine is of our truck and camper. Just love camping, won't be long now until we get to use it.
    Old 03-06-2011, 03:48 PM

My avatar is a picture of myself and my sister in law. I am 20 years older then she is. She is married to my husbands youngest brother who is 22 years younger then he is. We just got back from seeing them back in Georgia and I was the lucky recipient of a new hair cut and style, a manicure and the best pedicure (okay my very first manicure and pedicure in my life) I have ever ever had. You see, she is a cosmotologist but doesn't have a very big clientelle because of the economy, but I did bring her luck the first day that I went to work with her, she was so busy that we didn't even get to have a lunch break. And she really did need the clients. She doesn't make much money doing it, but its her passion and it gives her time to spend at home with her 7 year old little boy John and her 11 month old little girl Kimberly. The money that she makes literally puts gas in her car so that she can get to and from work and buy a few groceries and pays her space rent. But all in all...she is one great young woman and she has her priorities straight. And I love her to death!!!
    Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
    The hummingbirds in my avatar are a few on my feeders during the 2010 migrating season.
    My husband and I feed as many as 300 hummingbirds during peak week. 3 gallons of sugar water a day during the peak week. We fed 144 lbs of granulated sugar during the 2010 migrating season.
    is our 5th year in this location and they have come each year but one. ? Katrina ? We averaged 200 during peak week in our old location 2 hours away. I do not know how they pick and choose where they will feed but they do. My neighbors do not have the hummingbirds.
    This is my hummingbird post. The closeup photos on page 11 are awesome. Should you want to read the post you will enjoy it more if you do the last pages first.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56548-1.htm
    Awwww! Fantastic! I moved here down on the Gulf coast of Texas last August, so I haven't seen it, but when the migrating hummingbirds come in from flying across the water, they crowd the feeders like your photos show.
    Just remember you are saving their little lives, thank goodness! j
    Old 03-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Mine is my son making an 85 yard touchdown.
    Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 PM
    Bev

Mine is a picture of myself and a piper who played at a gala my DH and I attended. He was so great that DH took a picture of us together as a memento for me.
    But I'm getting a little tired of it now and will soon be changing it. I want to put up a picture of my latest grandbaby. 8-)
    Old 03-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Mine is the Quilt I made for one of my sons for Christmas. He team ropes and as you can see I fussy cut the team ropers for him. He loved it.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-158075.jpe