Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Why I am quazyquilter... >
  • Why I am quazyquilter...

• Why I am quazyquilter...

Old 04-15-2010, 11:07 AM

quazyquilter-I am just looking at some posting I hadn't had time to look at. Your quilt is just BEAUTIFUL!! I have made about 50 crazy blocks and am ready to embroider (I do have 4 embellished) but am uncertain which stitchs and color to put where. How do you decide? Or am I overthinking it? I would really like to get this done, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Laurilli
    Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 PM

WOW :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Embroidery is an artform that is being lost as generations go by. It really is a relaxing thing to do. Your work is beautiful and your skill is evident. Very nice. An heirloom!
    Old 04-16-2010, 05:40 PM

pretty
    Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 PM

BEEEEEEUTIFUL!!! I'm making one too with velvets, satins, brocades, etc. But I'm going to make mine pretty small and it will take me forever to do that kind of embroidery on it. Wonder if I'll ever finish it???
    Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 AM

Gorgeous quilt...love the satins and wonderful embroidery!
    Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 AM

Wonderful! I love those crazy quilts, too!
    Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM

I have a question for all, concerning using velvets in crazy quilts or for anything else. Have any of you ever used a special foot for sewing velvet? I found one in Clotilde yesterday, and wondered about ordering it. I have a lot of velvets that I want to use in a crazy quilt "down the road" and I wondered if it would be worth the buy. The desc. telling about the foot says it will not crush or flatten the nap on the velvet. Any thoughts on this?
    Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    I have a question for all, concerning using velvets in crazy quilts or for anything else. Have any of you ever used a special foot for sewing velvet? I found one in Clotilde yesterday, and wondered about ordering it. I have a lot of velvets that I want to use in a crazy quilt "down the road" and I wondered if it would be worth the buy. The desc. telling about the foot says it will not crush or flatten the nap on the velvet. Any thoughts on this?
    Yes! It's usually called a walking foot...and I love it! It jumps up and down instead of pulling on the fabric, and keeps from bunching up your fabrics...I have used it often when sewing with velvets. Sometimes if I am only using a single piece of velvet next to a different type of fabric, I will sew it on by hand and not use the foot.
    But it is almost necessary when doing two fabrics against each other...the naps will slide if you don't!
    Hope this helps.
    BJ
    Old 03-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
    Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Yes! It's usually called a walking foot...and I love it! It jumps up and down instead of pulling on the fabric, and keeps from bunching up your fabrics...I have used it often when sewing with velvets. Sometimes if I am only using a single piece of velvet next to a different type of fabric, I will sew it on by hand and not use the foot.
    But it is almost necessary when doing two fabrics against each other...the naps will slide if you don't!
    Hope this helps.
    BJ
    I have a regular Bernina walking foot that fits my Bernina, but this is an acrylic foot and looks nothing like a walking foot.It is called a velvet "V" foot, and says this v shaped foot is used in industry workrooms and now fits home sewing machines. It is on page 34 of my latest Clotilde catalog at the very top of the page, if you get that catalog. It still could be a walking foot, but it doesn't appear to be from what I can tell of the picture.
    Thanks for the response SewKkrazy.