Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Wool mat bag, totes and others >
  • Wool mat bag, totes and others

• Wool mat bag, totes and others

Old 11-26-2023, 10:24 AM

Default Wool mat bag, totes and others

My husband says no one needs a bag this size! Then I showed him inside. My wool pressing mat just fit. I also made a pocket the same width as the bag, quilted and with a zipper. It holds my 15.5 inch square ruler and cutting mat.
    It is fully lined with no exposed seam allowances. It should have been easy enough, but I just couldn’t think today. I put my side pocket seams in with the lining side seams and for some reason assembly threw me off. I got it but had to THINK. It finished at 19 inches tall and 26 inches wide. My topstitching could and should have been a lot better. It was really bottom stitching-lol- bc I stitched the inside band down over the seam allowances. I just noticed when I took these pictures I caught the plaid fabric when stitching the band so I will need to fit those few stitches.
    Didn’t remember if I showed you the first tote. It has a 6 inch bottom and holds a lot. It’s fully lined too. I couldn’t match my plaids bc of limited fabric. I did try to match some lines, though. The plaid fabric was free from a lady in my sewing group. I missed a sew day when she brought fabric to give to whomever wanted. After everyone got theirs she called and asked me if I would take what was left. These pink fabrics, outer and lining, were in the ‘unwanted’ fabrics too, so all it cost me to make were zippers and thread. Sorry no patterns for any of the bags to offer or link you to. Have a nice day- Toogie
    Attached Thumbnails img_0145.jpeg   img_0147.jpeg   img_0130.jpeg   img_0114.jpeg   img_0109.jpeg  

Old 11-26-2023, 10:48 AM

I admire how prolific you are! And how well thought out your bags are. Beautiful work and they'll be fun to use. Nice to have the right size for what you need.
    Old 11-26-2023, 11:13 AM

You do wonderful work on what ever project you get into. Bags are always nice to have. Bag away!!!
    Old 11-26-2023, 11:26 PM
    Power Poster

Love your bags toogie. They are so very professional looking with those toogie labels on them. The first set reminds me of Burberry.
    Old 11-27-2023, 12:36 AM
    Power Poster

Gorgeous bags, Toogie. Your work is amazing.
    Old 11-27-2023, 02:53 AM

Wow Toogie, your skills are amazing and these are beautiful projects that are a very bespoke set!
    Old 11-27-2023, 03:09 AM

I keep trying to reply, but my computer has a mind of it's own this morning and keeps sending me someplace I don't want to be. Ok...looks like it will work this time around.
    Toogie....as always a wonderful project from you and all out of scraps! This will make it so much easier to take your items to guild meeting and classes. Sadly, I only sew at home..
    Old 11-27-2023, 03:27 AM

Love the fabric for both bags! Great idea to put your name on the outside. The sizes are spot on for your wool mat and rulers that require a large bag. I bet your friend will be amazed at what you made with the left-over fabrics.
    Old 11-27-2023, 05:05 AM

Love your bags! And your labels! Would you share how you get your labels? You are so talented you probably make them yourself!
    Old 11-27-2023, 05:12 AM

Bags are a lot of work! You did a great job and I love your labels.