Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Yay!  I did it!! Meet Sunny and "Star" >
  • Yay! I did it!! Meet Sunny and "Star"

• Yay! I did it!! Meet Sunny and "Star"

Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 PM
    Power Poster

Way to go, those frames aren't easy to set up and you did a great job. You are officially on your quilting way! Look forward to seeing more:-)
    Old 04-10-2011, 05:11 PM

Thank You and all new cool toys take time to remember all the ding-dang things I'm going to go surf to see how much more I have to save :lol:
    Old 04-10-2011, 06:29 PM

You are so lucky, I'm jealous.
    Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Oh I am so envious I can't stand it...have a blast!
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:53 AM

Looks like another dream come true. Your stitching is great.
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
    Power Poster

Congratulations to you! Have fun with it!
    Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 PM

How exciting! I just got mine for Christmas - lucky you have room to set it up all the way - my room is only 9 x 11 so it is set up for crib/lap size. Isn't it fun? And I must say you must be totally mechanically inclined if it only took you six hours to put the frame together. I found their instructions for assembling terribly confusing but then again that could have just been me. FYI - double check all the screws, even the ones on parts that came pre-assembled from the factory. After a a couple weeks screws started falling out of my track wheels that came pre-assembled and the gear on the back of the motor box stopped working right (right in the middle of a quilt and I was down two months before my dealer figured it out). Anyway, not to discourage you - oh my, HAVE FUN!!!!
    Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
    How exciting! I just got mine for Christmas - lucky you have room to set it up all the way - my room is only 9 x 11 so it is set up for crib/lap size. Isn't it fun? And I must say you must be totally mechanically inclined if it only took you six hours to put the frame together. I found their instructions for assembling terribly confusing but then again that could have just been me. FYI - double check all the screws, even the ones on parts that came pre-assembled from the factory. After a a couple weeks screws started falling out of my track wheels that came pre-assembled and the gear on the back of the motor box stopped working right (right in the middle of a quilt and I was down two months before my dealer figured it out). Anyway, not to discourage you - oh my, HAVE FUN!!!!

Thanks for that advice about the screws. One dropped out onto the table, but it didn't match any I had put in. But with the machine on there I can't look underneath. And I can't lift it off myself. I got a new book yesterday on FMQ and it made me a little discouraged because it says it takes a year to learn to FMQ. I am in a hurry, I want to do it yesterday
    :!: :roll: :-(
    Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 AM

Me too. I did two small practice quilts before my "robot" came. Once I installed the robot that was when I had troubles. I was SOOOOO disappointed in my dealer support and even though I could have bought a new car with what we paid for my setup I wouldn't trade it but I'll probably NEVER step foot in her shop again.
    Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
    Me too. I did two small practice quilts before my "robot" came. Once I installed the robot that was when I had troubles. I was SOOOOO disappointed in my dealer support and even though I could have bought a new car with what we paid for my setup I wouldn't trade it but I'll probably NEVER step foot in her shop again.
    That's interesting. My Viking dealer said she thought the Qbot was a waste of money; takes too long to stitch anything. I just did three quilt tops I had made last week I will post pics later. My FMQ is definitely improving. But I know now that I need more bobbins, 5 is just not enough. I like being able to wind while I am quilting, but then you need 2 spools of thread. If I could figure out a way to use the cost of the machine as a deduction on my taxes as contributions, because I make so many charity quilts, I could probably get the money back but I don't see that I am ever going to get good enough to do others quilts as a business.