Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Yay!  I did it!! Meet Sunny and "Star" >
  • Yay! I did it!! Meet Sunny and "Star"

• Yay! I did it!! Meet Sunny and "Star"

Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 AM

I told u it took me 6 or 7 hours to put mine together. You got a bigger machine that I did. U want to trade?

I haven't gotten to play on mine to much at all because I have been doing taxes. I just finished up my last 2 returns yesterday and I am going to celebrate by finishing the baby quilt that has been on mine for a week now.

Been having a LOT of trouble with the cruise control and I can not seem to get my tension right!
    Old 04-16-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ChristinaHall
    I told u it took me 6 or 7 hours to put mine together. You got a bigger machine that I did. U want to trade?

I haven't gotten to play on mine to much at all because I have been doing taxes. I just finished up my last 2 returns yesterday and I am going to celebrate by finishing the baby quilt that has been on mine for a week now.

Been having a LOT of trouble with the cruise control and I can not seem to get my tension right!
    Well, I got my taxes done while waiting for the screws to arrive. Now I have a quilt on the machine and I ran out of thread, so am waiting for more to arrive. Can't do anything till I get that off the machine. I am trying to finish up the binding of the 2 QFKs and will then post pics. I didn't have any problems with getting the tension right and I found that you have to keep lint off the little sensor wheels. I am sure glad I stopped wearing makeup. Those brushes are coming in handy for de-linting. If Easter wasn't getting in the way next weekend I could get lots done. But I will have to keep the "quilting room" door closed so my kids don't find out what I got now. My DDIL knows, but is sworn to secrecy.
    :roll:
    Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Ohhhh, you lucky gal you!!!! I am green with envy lol. Hope you have alot of fun working with her.
    Old 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Okay, so here are my 2 first tries at meandering. Excuse the quality assurance team. I guess they passed the test. I hope the stitching shows. It wasn't easy, as you can see.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-185189.jpe   attachment-185190.jpe   attachment-185191.jpe   attachment-185194.jpe  
    Old 04-16-2011, 02:42 PM

How cool!!! I'm glad you got it set up and going on your own. You are going to love being able to do your own quilts!!!!
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 PM
    Power Poster

Looks great....love your quilting team!
    Old 04-23-2011, 08:09 PM

I am so jealuos. Have much fun with her
    Old 04-24-2011, 03:54 AM

Well, everyone, I just have to add some info to my experience with this *&$# machine. Friday afternoon I was just humming along having so much fun when Sunny just completely dropped dead! I checked circuits, the outlet, etc; all was fine. I called my dealer, she called some expert, called me back; seems there is a fuse in the machine. I finally found it, went to Lowes and got a new one, came back home and put it in. Guess what!!! It still doesn't work. Called the dealer again; she is investigating. Being Easter weekend I will probably have to wait a few days for a solution. We think it needs a particular fuse (probably an expensive one since it is a HV). So I will probably have to wait another week for the part to come. I am so glad I got a machine from my local Viking dealer and not from someone far away. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
    Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 PM
    Google Goddess

How are you getting along quilting on your new machine?
    Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 PM

Toooooooo coooooooool. So happy for you. Enjoy enjoy enjoy. I'm sure we'll be waiting to see as you progress and turn out beautiful things.