Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Daily Digest >
  • Daily Digest

• Daily Digest

Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM

Hope this is the right thread. It is with a very sad heart that I am leaving the quiltboard. This board has tought me so many helpful things. Since the new form and Admin attitude example "for the hundredth time". Since the new form is so troubling for many people you would think Admin would wonder -is the new form for to difficult for a lot of people and try and modify some of it. But with their attitude I just gave up the frustration and agravation.
    Old 11-14-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    Are you not registered to receive an email each day for the QB? I get an email that I open up. Then I go to What's New. All the new posts are there and you can get to a whole topic of posts by going to the Forum on the right side of a particular post.
    I keep saying this over and over in replies. I hope I am reaching a lot of people with my answers.
    the reason people are continuing to complain about this is that gooing to What's New gets you ALL the posts, old and new...we are all seeing this and not interested in it.... that's the problem...we CANNOT get the NEW information...
    Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Default Daily Digest

Can someone please explain why the new daily digest has the same threads on multiple days? I do not always have the time to go into the main board and review all posts..............I had really depended on the daily digest to show me the most active NEW threads..........and it seems that for over a week I have seen the same ones over and over..........The digest really does not help me much if it is not being updated each day. Thanks for checking into this and letting me know.
    Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 PM

Shore bird--I agree with you and all the others who come on this site, and are reading the same posts day after
    day, and have to slog through and try to find anything new. On the old QB we could go right into the new posts. Well--
    one good thing--I got my oven and stove top cleaned, and went out and deadheaded all my roses.Bring back the old
    QB. It was fun and relaxing, and very instructive at the same time.
    Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 PM

When you click on a link from the Digest, it will bring you to a board/topic thread that has new RESPONSES in it. To see what's new in that thread, click on "View First Unread" which should appear just above the top post on the page.
    Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 AM

Default Why don't the items in the daily digest change?

Everyday the same items are still in the digest. That's generally all I have time for and was used to seeing new items and photos each day. I have no idea if I've already read them and find it increasingly annoying when I've wasted time reading the same thing.
    This new board has corrected a lot of stuff, but this is still a thorn.
    MaryKatherine
    Old 11-15-2011, 04:19 AM

totaly agree!!!!!
    Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 AM

Hi MaryKatherine. I just go down to the bottom of the page and click on Archive. There, if I've already looked at a thread, it is pink and my unread ones are blue. It is broken down into the different topics, but I usually just look at Main, Pictures, and Introduce Yourself. If it's a thread that I want to follow like the Scrap Quilts one, I simply go to Thread Tools at the top of the page and subscribe to that one. Works for me. I no longer even look at the Daily Digest. It just doesn't do what I want it to do at all. Hope this helps you. I love Quilting Board, but the Daily Digest took a nose dive in this new format.

Joyce
    Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Retired GI Jo
    Hi MaryKatherine. I just go down to the bottom of the page and click on Archive. There, if I've already looked at a thread, it is pink and my unread ones are blue. It is broken down into the different topics, but I usually just look at Main, Pictures, and Introduce Yourself. If it's a thread that I want to follow like the Scrap Quilts one, I simply go to Thread Tools at the top of the page and subscribe to that one. Works for me. I no longer even look at the Daily Digest. It just doesn't do what I want it to do at all. Hope this helps you. I love Quilting Board, but the Daily Digest took a nose dive in this new format.

Joyce
    This is what I do, too. And I agree, the Daily Digest took a BIG nose dive in this new format.
    Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the tip. I love going to the archive and just going down the list. Closer to what we used to have.