Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Don't know where to look for answer >
  • Don't know where to look for answer

• Don't know where to look for answer

Old 09-13-2012, 06:08 AM
    Power Poster

Default Don't know where to look for answer

In the last two weeks I've been trying to clean up a lot of my PMs and other subscribed threads in settings. But one button I don't use and don't know what it does is the last of three actions you can take at the bottom of a thread. First is "reply", second is "reply with quote", third don't know what it does. Also can someone explain how they "bookmark" without going thru and subscribing to everything they comment on.
    Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by joyce888
    In the last two weeks I've been trying to clean up a lot of my PMs and other subscribed threads in settings. But one button I don't use and don't know what it does is the last of three actions you can take at the bottom of a thread. First is "reply", second is "reply with quote", third don't know what it does. Also can someone explain how they "bookmark" without going thru and subscribing to everything they comment on.
    1st question, I used "Reply with Quote" so that you knew I was replying to your question (because your post also shows is mine)....had other people posted in between your original post, this lets you know that it wasn't in response to that person's post. Confusing answer but best I can come up with lol. Not sure about that 3rd option, I've never used it, perhaps it puts everybody's posts in with a person's reply.

2nd question, go into general settings and look for "Default thread subscription mode" and change it to "Do not subscribe". Then it won't automatically subscribe you to each post you comment on, you'll have to do each one that you do want to subcribe to at the time you comment or come to one you want to subcribe to using the "thread tools" link above the post.
    Old 09-13-2012, 07:09 AM
    Power Poster

Ellen thanks for your reply. I've been trying to remember to keep the "unsubscribe" button on but I didn't know it was tracking everything until I just happened to check "settings" the other day and I had over 1500 subscribes. What a hassle to re-read most to see if it's something I want or I was just replying to the post. Think I'm down to over 800 now. Do you know what the third icon is for? If you press it, it changes to a check mark and the only thing I can think of is maybe it let's you know you've read the post.
    Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 AM

Ellen thanks for your reply. I've been trying to remember to keep the "unsubscribe" button on but I didn't know it was tracking everything until I just happened to check "settings" the other day and I had over 1500 subscribes. What a hassle to re-read most to see if it's something I want or I was just replying to the post. Think I'm down to over 800 now. Do you know what the third icon is for? If you press it, it changes to a check mark and the only thing I can think of is maybe it let's you know you've read the post.
    I'm hitting it to see what it does! (umm...can't tell)

Last edited by mzzzquilts; 09-13-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: adding (umm...can't tell)
    Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts
    I'm hitting it to see what it does! (umm...can't tell)
    OK... I've got it! Say you want to refer to two different posts within yours. Hit that symbol on each. Then use Reply with Quote and both of the quotes appear in yours
    Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 AM

ahhhh thanks!
    Old 09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks QuiltnNan! I would have never guessed!