• QB Help Center
  • This forum keeps closing down!!!!! >
  • This forum keeps closing down!!!!!

• This forum keeps closing down!!!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 AM
    cjr

When I switch categories I've been getting bombed off today
    Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 AM

I have been having problems too Next time it happens I will write down exactly what it says, My computer guy was here tuesday and found an add on that he took off and it worked fine until today, now I get the blank page, can not connect, I tried both firefox and Google Chrome. sometimes it works and sometimes not.
    Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
    Power Poster

It has been really bad this morning.
    Old 02-02-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    It has been really bad this morning.
    so maybe it is the site's connection and not just ours.
    Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Up North
    so maybe it is the site's connection and not just ours.
    I think it is possible, because I am not having problems now. Someone a couple of days ago mentioned she thought it might depend on the number of users at any given time.
    Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM

It also seems to work better for me in the afternoons. I am not having any problems now either.
    Old 02-03-2012, 12:12 AM

Same problems as raptureready and nanamoms.
    Old 02-03-2012, 09:11 PM
    Power Poster

At least part of the problem seems to have been my computer. Finally convinced my dh to actually physically come over and look at my computer. To make a long story short, he finally determined that something in the background was eating up my CPU and I was getting millions of page faults. Once he logged on as administrator, he was able to see what was hogging up the machine and eliminate the programs. Once he did that, I stopped having problems getting on and staying on the QB.

My computer is an older one and likely had the CPU problem before we changed internet providers. However, I still think there is something about the new QB that interacts with other conditions to create a timing issue. I'm not a computer techie at all, but my personal guess is that the new QB is very data rich compared to other sites I visit, which means that my computer has a lot more information to load for every page. Before we changed providers, perhaps the slowness of the data transfer rate was pretty much in line with my hogged-up CPU, so they could work together to access the QB. Once our data transfer rate became very fast, my hogged-up CPU couldn't keep up with the data coming in. My theory, anyway. Dh would probably laugh.....

Anyway, I am HAPPY to be able to stay here consistently again. If someone else tries to clean up their CPU, just be careful because you can trash your computer if you delete the wrong files (at least, that's what dh told me as I watched him delete files off my system). We still don't know what caused the excess files, but dh thinks it might be a corrupt Internet Explorer, as there were many more copies running than I had windows open.

Hope this helps someone......
    Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 PM

I know this isn't your problem, but, when someone shuts the doors from the office in our house, where the computer stuff is, my Apple won't pick up anything. I have to go open the doors. Wierd? But true.
    Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    At least part of the problem seems to have been my computer. Finally convinced my dh to actually physically come over and look at my computer. To make a long story short, he finally determined that something in the background was eating up my CPU and I was getting millions of page faults. Once he logged on as administrator, he was able to see what was hogging up the machine and eliminate the programs. Once he did that, I stopped having problems getting on and staying on the QB.

My computer is an older one and likely had the CPU problem before we changed internet providers. However, I still think there is something about the new QB that interacts with other conditions to create a timing issue. I'm not a computer techie at all, but my personal guess is that the new QB is very data rich compared to other sites I visit, which means that my computer has a lot more information to load for every page. Before we changed providers, perhaps the slowness of the data transfer rate was pretty much in line with my hogged-up CPU, so they could work together to access the QB. Once our data transfer rate became very fast, my hogged-up CPU couldn't keep up with the data coming in. My theory, anyway. Dh would probably laugh.....

Anyway, I am HAPPY to be able to stay here consistently again. If someone else tries to clean up their CPU, just be careful because you can trash your computer if you delete the wrong files (at least, that's what dh told me as I watched him delete files off my system). We still don't know what caused the excess files, but dh thinks it might be a corrupt Internet Explorer, as there were many more copies running than I had windows open.

Hope this helps someone......
    This all happened to me too, until I cleaned up my computer with ccleaner, had my son take off all the extra IE that were running, and we switched over to Firefox. I have never had a problem since. I too have an older computer. But I keep it cleaned out everytime I am going to sign off the computer, I click on ccleaner and clean out the temporary files, the history, etc. Don't need them. And I only go on IE when we need to get on my DH's company website. That will not work on anything but IE. It is all in how the sites are set up. Schedule maintenance to run on a regular basis. Go into All Programs in the start menu, select Accessories, System Tools, and set up Disk Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup. Add-ons also mess up some computers. Makes a huge difference to keep your computer clean.