Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • How do I receive notifications for Threads I put replies on? >
  • How do I receive notifications for Threads I put replies on?

• How do I receive notifications for Threads I put replies on?

Old 11-26-2011, 07:33 AM

Default How do I receive notifications for Threads I put replies on?

I used to receive a notification whenever there was a new reply on a thread that I also put a reply on? Since the Board changed, I no longer get the notifications when there is a new reply to a thread that I put a repy on. Do I have to change a setting for my profile? I liked it when I could read new replies to threads I also replied on--as those were threads I was especiallyinterested in--and I want to be able to receive those notifications again. What do I do?
    Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by aborning
    I used to receive a notification whenever there was a new reply on a thread that I also put a reply on? Since the Board changed, I no longer get the notifications when there is a new reply to a thread that I put a repy on. Do I have to change a setting for my profile? I liked it when I could read new replies to threads I also replied on--as those were threads I was especiallyinterested in--and I want to be able to receive those notifications again. What do I do?

this question has been answered many times in the QB Help Center. Look for Watched topics, bookmarks, or subcriptions.
    Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Nancy,

I went to the QB Help Center but I only have the "BookMarks" and "SubScriptions" options. It does not say "Watched Topics". do I need to change my setting somewhere to enable this? Sorry I have missed the previous postings omthis topic. I do not care for this new Board format so do not come on this site every day like I used to. But I would appreciate any help I can get because when i am interested in a topic, I put a reply on it so I can keep reading the future replies--and I really enjoyed that and miss it now that I don't get the notifications.
    Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 PM

aborning,

At the top of the page go to "forum action" click on it and a drop down menu will appear.

Click on General Settings. Scroll down till you find the Default Thread Subscription Mode. There is a little window with an arrow. Click on the arrow and choose the method you want for notification.
    Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
    Power Poster

Subscriptions are the old bookmarks or watched threads- same thing different name in setting you can specify how you want to be notified when someone posts a new answer. But to get the notifications you have to subscribe to the topic- top of the thread in beige bar, click on thread tools and subscribe
    Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW
    aborning,

At the top of the page go to "forum action" click on it and a drop down menu will appear.

Click on General Settings. Scroll down till you find the Default Thread Subscription Mode. There is a little window with an arrow. Click on the arrow and choose the method you want for notification.
    Thank you so much JanieW - I would have NEVER found that. You are a great help!
    Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    this question has been answered many times in the QB Help Center. Look for Watched topics, bookmarks, or subcriptions.
    Good grief would it have killed you to have included a link? Clearly the poster has already looked, and has not found what she is looking for.

This type of answer on a board that keeps telling itself how "helpful iand friendly" it is is part of the reason I am on here less and less. It really seems like the management team on here have decided to believe that people who cant find stuff are really only asking questions to be annoying.

Wake up people- we ask questions because we are still confused about the new setup. If you want members to stay and look at the advertising that pays your bills, you really could make the place a bit easier to use.