Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • how to you print up tutorials >
  • how to you print up tutorials

• how to you print up tutorials

Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Default how to you print up tutorials

I used to be able to highlight then copy and paste into Microsoft word or highlight and go to bullzip printer (this turns it into a pdf and saves it) and then save these for later use, but since the change to the board I can't do either of these anymore. Has anyone found a way to do this. I want to save the tutes so I can use them when I need them and to be able to print them since it it a little hard to follow off the computer screen.
    I apprecitate any help here.
    Thanks
    Lynda
    Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 AM

You should be able to just go to the tutorial, find the "print" tool on your browser, and tell it to print to that bullzip printer, which would save it at a pdf. If you have Windows 7 (not sure if XP comes with it), you can do the same thing and tell it to save to the installed Microsoft XPS printer, which is basically the same as a PDF printer. It saves it as an XPS file for viewing, or you can print it out. If I can help further, post here again.
    Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 PM

I used to be able to do what you described but now it won't work. There must be another way. When I try to print to bullzip my computer locks up. Didn't used to do that and I can still print that way on other sites. I finally got one to save with Microsoft word by copying and pasting then copying the pictures in later.
    It is frustrating.
    Lynda
    Old 01-30-2012, 03:36 PM

I just bookmark the tutes... that way I have them right where I can find them easily.. you subscribe to the thread and choose bookmark folder
    Old 01-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz
    I used to be able to do what you described but now it won't work. There must be another way. When I try to print to bullzip my computer locks up. Didn't used to do that and I can still print that way on other sites. I finally got one to save with Microsoft word by copying and pasting then copying the pictures in later.
    It is frustrating.
    Lynda
    Maybe try a different PDF printer....the doPDF works good for me, and you can download it free here:

http://www.dopdf.com/quick-download.php
    Old 02-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Thanks I am downloading right now. I have dial up so I may not be able to till I can get to a place where I can use high speed connection.
    I need to print it up so I can do the tute step by step. If I bookmarked it I would have to run from the craft room back and forth to the computer to read the directions as I did the craft.