Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • I am seeing old threads? >
  • I am seeing old threads?

• I am seeing old threads?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Default I am seeing old threads?

I just logged into the board and all the posted stuff is from about a month ago. Is it my laptop or is the board down?
    Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
    Power Poster

Everytime I'm on I see a mix of old and new topics and I think it's because people are responding to things they think are current and therefore make them current with their post. Under the thread title is the date the thread was started and to the right is the date of the last post. I tend to ignore the old threads hoping they will go away.
    Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
    Power Poster

Go to the bottom of the page. Click on ARCHIVES. It will give you a list of the different areas. Click on for an example MAIN. The posts you have read will be a different color. This is how I view the different topics.
    Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 PM
    Power Poster

If someone does a search on here, finds an old/older topic and replies to it, it will come up to the top of the list in that section
    Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
    If someone does a search on here, finds an old/older topic and replies to it, it will come up to the top of the list in that section
    And it worked that way under the old software too. This is nothing new. Another option is to go to the bottom of the screen when you are in Main, or Pictures (or whatever) and select the option to sort threads by thread start time, rather than by last post time, which is the default. Unfortunately, that setting is not remembered from one visit to the next, so you have to select it each time you go to the forum.
    Old 12-02-2011, 09:01 PM

This is a different thing. I am on the board daily. Love the new board. It has been working fine. Tonight it looks like an identical page from when the switch was made. I tried "refresh" and that didn't work. I'm wondering if it is something with IE that I may have changed where it does not automatically look for the most recent update on a web page.
    Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
    Go to the bottom of the page. Click on ARCHIVES. It will give you a list of the different areas. Click on for an example MAIN. The posts you have read will be a different color. This is how I view the different topics.
    I used to do that too..but...they've changed the board now so topics we've read change colour, even if there's new posts...just like the old board So much better
    Old 12-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
    This is a different thing. I am on the board daily. Love the new board. It has been working fine. Tonight it looks like an identical page from when the switch was made. I tried "refresh" and that didn't work. I'm wondering if it is something with IE that I may have changed where it does not automatically look for the most recent update on a web page.
    Sounds to me like maybe the board was down when you tried reading the posts, and IE pulled up a cached page. Hope it starts to work better for you. I have not had that problem before.