Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Is it just me or do you have the same problem posting comments? >
  • Is it just me or do you have the same problem posting comments?

• Is it just me or do you have the same problem posting comments?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:32 AM

I have not had a problem.
    I use the "POST QUICK REPLY" that is below the typing space.
    J J
    Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 AM

I've had no problems but I always go to Archives and view and post from there. Don't know if that would make a difference.
    Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 PM

I haven't been able to post either. Yes, I did contact Patiese. I hope we can get this problem worked out. SOON!
    Shavian
    Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM

I have been trying all day and it keeps telling me the my submission could not be processed beacuse the token has expired never heard that before lets see if this post goes thru Cookie
    Old 01-28-2012, 06:00 PM

I have this problem about 50% of the time. I think there is a interaction issue between this site and Internet Explorer -- I have used IE for years and have not encountered this on any other site.
    Old 01-29-2012, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    the only time i have been able to replicate this problem is when
    (1) i used Internet Explorer
    (2) my wireless network signal was well below it's normal strength.

even with the weaker signal, i have no problems at all using FireFox.
    other members have said they prefer Google Chrome.
    Safari seems to also be a fairly popular browser.

the tech team has been unable to replicate the problem.

even at work i find that different browsers work the best for different sites. there are some i'm required to use that don't work at all in Internet Explorer, but zip along wonderfully in FireFox. the reverse is also true for some sites. if i happen to be using my notebook and air card, Google Chrome is the one that performs most consistently.

i have no idea why. i just roll with the discoveries and use what works best for each situation. LOL
    Patrice - I have this problem regularly with both Explorer and Chrome. I have very fast broadband and a newish laptop, and no problems with any other sites I use. I think it may be related to how busy the board is - for example, I'm sending this on Sunday morning, while most of you are asleep, and am having no problems at the moment. When it HAS happened, I've often noticed, when going back to the front page to check that my post is showing as the latest on the thread, that the thread has already moved down the page, suggesting that several of us were posting at just about the same moment.

I also often have to click twice to get a response when I want to move to another page or select another thread.

I can live with it - have just got into the habit of copying my post before sending, in case it doesn't go first time.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into making the board a good experience for us.
    Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 AM

This will be my 3rd try to post today. I have no problems with any other site I visit, can zoom around all over, but when it comes to the Quilting Board i'm left in the cold. I don't visit and comment much and I do use the "Post Quick Reply" like most everyone, the problem I feel is not with our computers but with the way the board is structured. I'm going to post away now, wish me luck.
    Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 AM

wow! I don't belive it! Wouldn't work this morning!
    Old 01-29-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by annesthreads
    Patrice - I have this problem regularly with both Explorer and Chrome. I have very fast broadband and a newish laptop, and no problems with any other sites I use. I think it may be related to how busy the board is - for example, I'm sending this on Sunday morning, while most of you are asleep, and am having no problems at the moment. When it HAS happened, I've often noticed, when going back to the front page to check that my post is showing as the latest on the thread, that the thread has already moved down the page, suggesting that several of us were posting at just about the same moment.

I also often have to click twice to get a response when I want to move to another page or select another thread.

I can live with it - have just got into the habit of copying my post before sending, in case it doesn't go first time.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into making the board a good experience for us.
    I agree with Annesthreads. The time of day seems to make a difference. I use Internet Explorer but when I switch over to Chrome there are no problems. There was never a problem before the CHANGE.
    Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by MamaHen
    Here I go to try and post a comment (I know new thread), but it seems like 90% of the time after I have written a comment and attempt to post, the quilting board is not responding, so page has to be "recovered" and I have lost my comment. So is it just ME or has anyone else experienced the same thing. Is the board TOO BUSY? I get frustrated and just QUIT! I don't want to write a long comment again. It's never as good as the first time!
    I have spent time writing replies only to get a message that my message is too short to post. The reply posts are usually longer than the original post. Go figure!