Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Moving posts >
  • Moving posts

• Moving posts

Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 AM

Default Moving posts

I have noticed several times where a post has been moved. Where does it get moved to? I can never find it again.
    It would be nice if it told where it was moved to.
    Old 10-21-2014, 07:31 AM

Click on Thread Tools and subscribe on any thread you're interested in watching.
    Old 10-21-2014, 08:19 AM
    Power Poster

There are different sections of the QB. As Candace mentioned, if you post something in the thread you will always be able to find it in the "Quick Links" area in the header of the Home Page, or by clicking on your profile to see your own posts.

Each section of the QB has a description of what it is for. I can usually figure out which section a thread has been moved to. For example, if there is a personal quality to the original post (such as questions about my experience with arthritis, or announcing arrival of a grandchild) it will be moved to the "Personal Diaries and Announcements" section.

I typically check my "Quick Links" first, then go to the bottom of the page to access the "Archives" and check out new posts in "Main", "General Chit Chat", and "Personal Diaries". Most of the other sections of the QB are of only occasional interest to me, but many people regularly check other sections.
    Old 10-21-2014, 09:46 AM
    Power Poster

We all make mistakes and if it is not posted in the correct category, it will be moved. If you go to the top of the main page and click on My Profile, on the left hand side of the new page you will find categories under your picture. One has a record of your comments on others threads and below it is a title for Latest Started Threads. All your threads should be there if it was moved. If the thread has been deleted from QB, it either contained copy write material or other subjects not allowed in the rules. Sometimes a thread starts out okay but future posts get offensive so it is deleted.
    Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 AM
    Power Poster

Also, sometimes the original poster has second thoughts about a thread, and can ask a moderator to delete it.