Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Problems with posting and sending PM's >
  • Problems with posting and sending PM's

• Problems with posting and sending PM's

Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 AM

I just sent an email on the same subject, should have wrote it here. I understand you completely!
    Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM

I guess misery loves company. I am sorry that you are having these problems, but I am having the same problem. Sure wish we could get an answer.
    Old 01-27-2012, 04:17 PM
    Power Poster

I use Mozilla Firefox and have no problems - those that seem to be having the most problems are the ones using IEI

sometimes get the message asking if I want to leave the current page- that just means you are sending a message and leaving the page you are on, just click yes.

To start a new thread- go to the top- click on home- then the section you want to start the new topic in- click on start new topic and you are good to go

For selling items you have to have the add approved by a moderator- Remember we all are volunteers and have regular paying jobs so sometimes we don't get to them as fast as everyone would like- as long as the add is allowed following the rules, just be patient and it will appear

Have I missed any questions ?
    Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    I use Mozilla Firefox and have no problems - those that seem to be having the most problems are the ones using IEI

sometimes get the message asking if I want to leave the current page- that just means you are sending a message and leaving the page you are on, just click yes.

To start a new thread- go to the top- click on home- then the section you want to start the new topic in- click on start new topic and you are good to go

For selling items you have to have the add approved by a moderator- Remember we all are volunteers and have regular paying jobs so sometimes we don't get to them as fast as everyone would like- as long as the add is allowed following the rules, just be patient and it will appear

Have I missed any questions ?
    Thanks, Sharon-I don't have any problems starting a new thread, but when posting a quick reply to an existing thread, half the time it comes up "do you want to leave this page" BEFORE posting-I type it all up, click to post it, and that message comes up and won't post. I have to continually re-sign in as well. I will ask DH about Mozilla Foxfire-I know he has it on his computer, so I will see if he can put it on mine. I am still learning my way around computers-guess my brain isn't wired to grasp it quickly! As far as posting items for sale, do I just start a new thread, post the photos, and wait or do I need to send them to a moderator first? I will be doing another de-stashing soon and want to offer them, like before, here. Thanks!
    Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 AM
    Power Poster

Jill for the sale items go to the classified area- list them and a Moderator will find it and either approve it or send you a reason it cannot be accepted it will only take 10 pics the first time- so post those then "reply" with the next 5 items if you are selling 15

For signing in have you tried the leave me signed in option ? Next time you have to log in - next to that should be a box that you can click and that will help keep you logged in

Like I said I have gotten the do you want to leave this page message when posting an answer - at first it rattled me , but now I just click yes , it posts the reply and off I go - so can't explain why it is not posting
    Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 AM

Thanks, Sharon, I have written this down for when I have my sale items ready. In just trying to post my reply, I had to re-sign in again, (which I just clicked "remember me"), and when I hit post quick reply, the board froze up again and said the Quilting board.com was not responding. OOOOOOHHHHH, frustrating. I hope this reply goes.
    Old 01-28-2012, 11:11 AM
    Power Poster

There is a log in timer - I don't know all the ins and outs of it- but found by using the remember me , solves my problems

Have you tried to clean out your cookies and cache ? Sometimes that can slow your computer down ?
    Old 01-28-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    There is a log in timer - I don't know all the ins and outs of it- but found by using the remember me , solves my problems

Have you tried to clean out your cookies and cache ? Sometimes that can slow your computer down ?
    I do a scan with C-Cleaner everytime I shut down, if that is what you mean. DH is going to try to get Foxfire on my computer since it is what he uses-will see if that is any better. Funny, I never have trouble with IE except on this board. I am finding my way around here a bit better, though. Just this problem with posting is a pain. I am now trying "remember me when I sign on. Thanks
    Old 01-28-2012, 06:32 PM

I am using Internet Explorer and have never had a problem. Hope you are able to solve it soon.