Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Sure Nuf -- Blog Categories -- I Knew I Would Do It Wrong >
  • Sure Nuf -- Blog Categories -- I Knew I Would Do It Wrong

• Sure Nuf -- Blog Categories -- I Knew I Would Do It Wrong

Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Default Sure Nuf -- Blog Categories -- I Knew I Would Do It Wrong

I was attempting to make categories to incorporate all my old and new bookmarks since everything has changed but they wound up in the subscriptions area. Is there any way to copy and paste these into the
    blog area. Probably not, as that would be too easy, but doesn't hurt to ask. I just peeked at the blog setting and it looks like they have to be entered one by one -- at least in the subscription area I could enter three on a page.
    Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 AM
    Administrator

if you want to use your blog to organize links to your favorite topics, you can do that. there are at least three ways i can think of to easily copy those links so you can paste them to either blog entries or to your blog's custom page(s).

using your browser tabs, have your subscriptions open in one tab and your blog open in another.

1. go to the thread you want to track. highlight the whole web address and press Ctrl+C (copy). then switch to the blog page, place your cursor where you want the link to go, and press Ctrl+V (paste).

2. another way is to highlight the whole link, right-click, and then select "copy". go to blog. paste.

3. if you are using FireFox as your browser, a third way is to go to your subscriptions. hover your cursor over the thread title, and right click. you might see an option to "Copy Link Location". select that option, switch to the blog, and then Ctrl+V to paste.

since you already have the links listed in your subscriptions, you might want to consider sticking with that method, but organizing those links in custom subscriptions folders. by doing it that way, you can also keep easy track of any updates to those threads - which a blog list won't help with.

you can find a detailed guide here. you'll find step-by-step, illustrated instructions for making the most of the subscription feature. we can take it far beyond the old bookmarks & watched topics if we want to.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t165767.html
    Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 AM

Patrice -- Thank you for the information -- I'm beginning to see the light. I saved a subscription today and was able to put it right into a folder so that's great. I think I won't use bookmarks as I read you could only save 100 and that wouldn't be nearly enough -- I want them to always be there without a limit.