Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-12-2014, 06:11 PM
    Power Poster

I put the binding on this Modern HST piece today. Glad it is DONE! Modern isn't my cup of tea.
    Attached Thumbnails img_0830.jpg  
    Old 01-12-2014, 06:40 PM

MadQuilter...I really like how this turned out. Your quilting really adds dimension.
    Old 01-13-2014, 04:54 AM

Default 1done out of four ..no make that five now

Completed my UFO challenge for the month of January- the one in the pic....yeah! The top was done sometime in the spring of 2013 and placed aside. I had too many other things to get done and frankly, life got in the way.

Started a new project only to find out that I need some fabric to finish the borders..oh well , I guess this "new" project is now a UFO and negates the original completion. Dang!

So yesterday, took out another UFO to complete: I pieced the backing, sandwiched it, and started machine quilting- I think it's called cross hatching . Need another day to finish it so my goal is by next weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 01-13-2014, 04:56 AM

MadQuilter, LOVE your quilt! The colors and your quilting really makes this one, IMHO. I'm not usually a fan of Modern, either, but I really like this one.
    Old 01-13-2014, 05:52 AM

Mad Quilter: I do like modern and I love yours. The colors are amazing and the quilting is a real compliment to the design.
    Nanny: Congrats on the finish, love that quilt. You sound like me this year, sure I finished some UFOs last year but I've started two this year.Maybe that's just how a quilters world works.
    Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 AM
    Power Poster

Mad quilter--love the striking design of your "-Almost Amish" quilt. Perfect balance of quilting and color.
    Nanny's dollface--flowing quilting in the blocks softens the blocky look of your pretty quilt.
    Very nice finishes.
    Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 AM

7 minutes, wildyard?? Really?? Why can't I have some UFOs that only take 7 minutes. I do wish you could take a picture. I'd love to see it. And.... toot... toot........ congrats on the finish!!

Mad quilter..... your quilt is amazing. I'm not a modern quilt lover either but this one is wonderful. And I love your quilting.... it's so close together.... great changes in quilting design. I'm always so amazed at how the quilting can make such a difference in how the quilt looks. Really, really,.... love it.

Nanny, that's really a pretty quilt... I can't tell if the swirl effect is the pattern in the fabric or if you quilted it that way but I think it's really different. My GGD would love this one... it's her colors. Great job and on to the next one.... way to go, girl.
    Old 01-13-2014, 03:47 PM

nanna-up-north, perhaps you missed the part where I told the way I finished it in 7 minutes was by adding the one completed block to my orphan block quilt and put the rest of the pulled fabrics back on my shelf? The reason I didn't have a photo was the only thing I had to show for finishing this UFO was the empty plastic bag I had stored it in. I didn't sew it up, I just eliminated it from my stack of projects!!! Smiles and hugs!!
    Old 01-13-2014, 04:29 PM

Ok, wildyard..... got it. Reading too fast is one of my shortcomings. But, hey!! It's done!!
    Old 01-14-2014, 11:50 PM

Ok so I didn't get much completed last year, but this is a new start. So my goal for this month is to complete a quilt top and get it off to be quilted.