Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 AM

I am so excited to see ALL of the finishes and activity here this month! Wow, way to go everyone!

It's hard to believe it's the end of January. The extreme cold weather has made me just want to hibernate I guess. I've been sewing but kind of randomly... the last week or so I think I'm getting my UFO Mojo back. I have 2 finishes this month to share - Charmed Pinwheels was started from couple of charm packs I got on sale years ago. I finished making the blocks, added the sashing and now it is ready to be donated to Project Linus.
    Attached Thumbnails p1050430.jpg  
    Old 01-31-2014, 07:30 AM

Four Patch & Friends is from the book "Open a Can of Worms" by Debbie Caffrey. I started this quilt in 2002 from a kit of floral strips I bought after seeing a sample quilt in a shop. I started quilting in 2002 and this was my 1st scrappy project. I'm happy to say that I love it even more now than I did then!

It was professionally quilted last month so I'm showing a second picture of her gorgeous work.

I hope to be more active in the thread in February. One month closer to spring!
    Attached Thumbnails p1050500.jpg   p1050496.jpg  
    Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM

ASimpleLife: Both turned out so pretty. Want to snuggle up with them, so many bright, colorful fabrics to look at. Congrats on the finishes!
    Old 01-31-2014, 08:09 AM

ASimpleLife, lovely quilts! The second one looks like spring and the quilting is just gorgeous. good for you!
    Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM

simple - BEAUTIFUL quilts. I got to your page and my actual response, out loud, was "Oh my gosh!" Beautifully done and I just love the colors.
    Old 01-31-2014, 08:36 AM

As always, your finishes are beautiful, asimplelife. You do have a knack with color.... love them. I wish you were closer, I'd have you drop by and help me with the frustrating OBW that I'm struggling with. Whoever does your LA work is amazing.... I do love the custom machine work. I don't have a LA but I hope to get my machine quilting to a point where I can customize it a little more than I do at this point.

Today is the last day of January..... record breaking snow ..... several record breaking low temps. ... what a month. I am so looking forward for spring. But, I have to admit, having a quilt on my lap, sewing .... hasn't been a bad thing on these chilly evenings. I'll keep it up til I get these UFOs done. I can see the end of the tunnel...... so I keep chugging along.
    Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 AM

Nanna: in response to your question about the washable markers. I used Crayola washable markers. I used yellow to draw the lines on the white fabric and purple to draw the lines on the sunflower fabric. It all washed completely out. My DH said he was kind of sorry the yellow washed out of the white fabric because he thought it looked cool. This, of course, was another tip I learned here on the Board.
    Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 AM
    Power Poster

Always fun to see finishes. Way to go asimplelife, michelleoc, narnianquilter, and QlterSue. All so different, but all so fine!
    Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 AM

Nanna: in response to your question about the washable markers. I used Crayola washable markers. I used yellow to draw the lines on the white fabric and purple to draw the lines on the sunflower fabric. It all washed completely out. My DH said he was kind of sorry the yellow washed out of the white fabric because he thought it looked cool. This, of course, was another tip I learned here on the Board.
    Old 01-31-2014, 02:38 PM

Some more great finishes this week!! Thanks for sharing.