2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Love the setting of HST's, kaelynangelfoot.

A nice stash buster, Angelia.

Welcome, beezie.

I gotta love my DGD. When they hit the 100 day mark in KG, they are to bring in 100 pieces of something. She wants to bring in fabric squares..so I've been getting some fabrics picked out for her to choose from. Then maybe I can turn this into an I Spy quilt. She's itching to start sewing like her older sisters, and is anxiously awaiting to turn 7. Nice to have a stash to go to for this.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Love the setting of HST's, kaelynangelfoot.

A nice stash buster, Angelia.

Welcome, beezie.

I gotta love my DGD. When they hit the 100 day mark in KG, they are to bring in 100 pieces of something. She wants to bring in fabric squares..so I've been getting some fabrics picked out for her to choose from. Then maybe I can turn this into an I Spy quilt. She's itching to start sewing like her older sisters, and is anxiously awaiting to turn 7. Nice to have a stash to go to for this.
Making a quilt from her hundred blocks is a great idea--she will always have them that way.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:59 PM

AngeliaNR, I do like your Carolina Chain. I shopped my stash and made this.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t260186.html It isn't perfect and I hope to do another with circles like I did my denim quilt but may not be for a while. Makes me smile when I look at it and that was the whole point. I started off with 2.5 inch squares...thinking I would do the Pat Sloan challenge but then I read that everyone was supposed to make at the very least, a baby quilt. I knew there was no way I would get that done with everything else I had to do. But I did use everything I had in my sewing room and didn't have to buy a thing. Now...if I can just keep that up until the end of the year. Everyone is doing so well and welcome to all the newbie folks.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:46 AM

Angalia, I have several Carolina Chain block that I received in a block swap here on the board. To see your's made up is quite a treat. Thanks for showing.
Sandy, your wall quilt is wonderful! I had to laugh when I saw it. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:08 AM

Such good ideas ladies to help use our stashes and oh what lovely quilts are being made and finished. Beautiful work!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:14 AM

I need to join this pledge. I spent 6 hours yesterday going through fabric looking for something that I knew I had.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

Maybe time to sort and reorganize that stash, Berninagirl. I have mine sorted primarily by color, with a few offshoots by type and pattern such as batiks and large prints. Makes a big difference. Plus, when I go through my entire stash from time to time, it reminds me of all the "old friends" I am neglecting.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 AM

It is January 27th! And I have not purchased fabric! However, I have purchased software for my embroidery projects and to begin with I thought I'd return it. Not so. I think this will help me with some of the ideas I have in making a few pillows and wall hangings. I would like to add sayings or quotes on them and the new software alphabet is very easy to use. So I feel better about my purchase.
I have been making 9 patches with a lot of little 1 1/2" squares. I had a lot of them made from leaders and enders but it's starting to take over as the main deal. So I'm just giving in to the urge and having fun with it.
Have a great day everybody and stay safe and warm!!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:08 AM

I kind of fell off , I bought some organizing baskets for my shelves. I figured out that if I at least got my stash in better organization I would realize I have plenty and not be tempted to purchase. In anticipation of there delivery I have started to sort and fold to the size of the baskets.... wow I have way more stash than I should have. If I purchase any fabric this year or maybe even next year I should be embarrassed at my lack of self control.

How did I let it get so far out of hand! ??????

Last edited by Lori S; 01-27-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:23 AM

I've been doing very well so far BUT, we're going to Texas @ the end of the week & I'm sure you have quilt shops all over the place down there! I always try to get something where we go.

We plan on staying for a month.