Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-02-2016, 12:18 PM

I see I missed a number of finishes while I was away for the past week:

Glojean- very pretty, I like the echo quilting around the flowers.

Silliness-Nice job using orphan blocks, I especially like your wonky stars in the middle picture.

Rob
    Old 11-02-2016, 12:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    LOL Kind of scary! How did you ever get him into it and how did you get his permission to take a picture, let alone post it? Hahahaha
    It took me a few years to convince him but once he said yes, the rest was just lots of fun. He totally stands behind his decisions. Actually he had a friend take a pic and send it to his boss in NJ. She in turn got his permission to post it on the company internal website. I love a man who is secure in his skin.
    Old 11-02-2016, 12:40 PM
    Power Poster

Rob, I have one of those on my to-do list. Yours turned out great!
    Old 11-02-2016, 05:23 PM

Congratulations, Oksewglad! It's a beautiful UFO finish. Toot, Toot![QUOTE=oksewglad;7688904]...Janice, count a finish for me as I will have the final stitches put in as I watch my Sunday night shows. The HST are from a guild swap several years ago. Setting blocks, borders, backing, and binding all from stash. I panicked when sewing the last border. I figured I had just enough fabric and proceeded to sew it on. I used diagonal seams when joining the lengths and it took more than I needed, and not enough fabric to finish. Why not the broken dishes cornerstones? This was a practice FMQ experience sewn on my DSM...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]561327[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
    Old 11-02-2016, 05:30 PM

Ever a fan of scrappy quilts, this one really appeals to me. Congratulations, Rryder, and Toot, Toot![QUOTE=rryder;7690356]Finished another UFO!

Here's my October finish. It sat around for mumble mumble years in the form of 12" squares that I couldn't decide what to do with since they were all wonky... Last week I decided wonky was going to have to be okay, otherwise it was going to sit on my UFO pile mocking me for another ***** years LOL.

Rob[/QUOTE]
    Old 11-02-2016, 05:38 PM

If left up to me, you know I'll say there are four UFO finishes. Congratulations on your UFO finishes, Jaba! Toot, Toot! Looking forward to your pix.

Does anyone else have an October UFO finish? I'll wait another couple of days for any last minute October finishes. Thanks, everyone. I'm very impressed we're having finishes so close to the holidays. This train is continuing to chug along. Toot, Toot!!!
    Originally Posted by jaba
    I don't know Janice, the mats are for end tables, 18"x18" and then the runner. They are the same fabric so they match. Up to you.....Still have the king size quilt to bind that is the same fabric also.
    Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by rryder
    I used those triangle papers that Missouri Star quilts was selling several years ago for their wacky web quilts, but didn't follow the directions correctly so none of the points ended up being pointed. That's why the squares sat for so long, I discovered my error after I'd put the triangles together at which point I was not going to go back and fix them LOL.

No pattern other than pulling scraps out of the shoe box that I use for scraps that are too small for anything other than string or crumb quilting and stitching them to the triangle papers. Thanks.

rob
    Thanks for your reply. I think I still have some of those papers around so I might give it a try very soon. I did not even notice the points were missing. there is just so much going on in the quilt. My eyes keep going from one point to another when I look at it. The quilt is just really nice.
    Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 AM

Oh, my gosh. I've located the only project I've ever totally hand pieced, a Winter/Christmas themed table runner.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]561538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]561537[/ATTACH] It's 15 years old. (I won't mention that it's about an inch wider at one end. Must be my measuring tape, huh?) Anyway, I've got the backing although after inspection, I should have cut it considerably larger but maybe this can be my next UFO finish? Press the top, enlarge of the back somehow, sandwich and it'll be ready to go. I'll hand quilt it so it might not be done this year. We shall see. Now to see if there's any chance at all I've got something that will work on the back. And shoot, I don't have a binding either. One problem at a time.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-03-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    Old 11-03-2016, 07:56 AM

very pretty. It will make a proud member of the "I'm finished" club.
    Old 11-03-2016, 08:38 AM

Beautiful table runner, Janice. It will be stunning once you've got it all quilted.

Rob