Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Sure, I do want to do it again next year. I just threw the option out there for anyone who might really want to run this crazy train ride. So we'll finish up this year and then start all over again next year. As for not meeting goals, you won't hear complaints from me...I've left a "few" on my UFO pile. Shhhh. Don't tell.
    Old 12-12-2016, 03:03 PM

I found another UFO, possibly two. Thought I had all those Christmas swap blocks done into a quilt, guess again. I found them in my Christmas stash/scrap fabric bin. Goodness me. If the snow doesn't fall and the temps stay warm, I will get them done. In this weather, I did not want the river to rise. LOL My Green Bay trip with hubby will put a damper on my projects getting done. Maybe I can get that quilt done for a family gift? Still have shopping to do.
    Old 12-12-2016, 05:57 PM

My goal this year was to do a minimum of 12 (one per month), and I DID meet that goal (Yay me!).
    I MUST say that I could not have done it without the cheerleaders I have here!

Many, MANY thanks to you Janice for keeping this train not only on the tracks, but running far and away beyond anything we had imagined. I'm SO looking forward to riding this train again next year... and I'll be jumping on the Fabric Moratorium as well.
    Old 12-12-2016, 06:21 PM

Congrats on the recent finishes. leawellman you mean not buying any fabric for a year???? Sit down breathe in through your nose, out thru your mouth, have a piece of chocolate your sugar is getting low.
    Old 12-13-2016, 10:11 AM

I'm on track for one big push at the end. I've got backings for all my floppies, it took me all day Sunday to do it.

Was about shocked to find I had 20 floppies waiting to be quilted. I think half qualify as UFO's, so I'm going to work on getting them done first. Looks like I'll be spending some quality time with my HQ for the Holidays!
    Old 12-13-2016, 11:27 AM

I have kind of fallen off the train due to working on non-UFO quilts the past couple of months. I have one UFO finish and hope to have one more by the end of the year. This is my sister's graduation from med school quilt (she graduated in May). I started on it last year and since April all it has needed was to be quilted. This is the largest quilt I have attempted to quilt on my DSM. After several failed design attempts due to its heaviness, I put it away. Anyway, finally conquered it and am so relieved.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]563686[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_5282_zpsde3zsgak.jpg  
    Old 12-13-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    letawellman you mean not buying any fabric for a year???? Sit down breathe in through your nose, out thru your mouth, have a piece of chocolate your sugar is getting low.
    LOL!!
    Yes, I DO mean "not buy any fabric for a year"! On the Moratorium thread, you're only supposed to buy if it's necessary for backing. I recently did some reorganizing and nearly passed out when I realized how much "unassigned" (not meant for a project) fabric I have.
    And then you add in all the "kits" (either sold as a kit, or one I made myself) that I haven't even started on...
    And then of course, all the fabric that goes with the innumerable UFO's that are waiting for my attention...

I definitely need an intervention.

SO, I'm trying to unsubscribe from all my fave mailing lists... Fabric Depot, Fabric.Com, MSQC, 5 Bucks A Yard, etc.

BTW, for those of you who WANT another source of sale-priced fabric, join MassDrop.com - I bought some specialty threads and 3 bolts of fabric from them (SEE?!?!? I do NOT need any more FABRIC!!)
    Old 12-13-2016, 03:14 PM
    Power Poster

Yay, silliness...you got over the obstacle and finished a lovely, delightful quilt.
    Old 12-13-2016, 03:32 PM

Love the finish silliness.
    Old 12-13-2016, 03:48 PM

WOW Beautiful finish silliness.