• Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-02-2016, 05:12 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Question to all - how do you stay away from all these forums and blogs and quilty sites and quilty stores long enough to finish anything??
    The key is to commit to a few threads that help hold you accountable. If I want to post something in this thread, then I better make myself FINISH something. I agree, it is not always easy.
    Old 03-02-2016, 06:24 PM

I slowed down a little on the UFO's, had to get my swaps done for this month and I have a new baby quilt on the quilting table. Will work on some binding tonight....another UFO table runner and a table mat to match.
    Old 03-02-2016, 08:51 PM

Default March finishes

I did nothing but sew yesterday - finished this table runner that I had cut the fabric for and set aside, several years ago. Simple straight line quilting suits the pattern and fabric so it went together very quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 03-02-2016, 09:34 PM
    Power Poster

I like the straight stitching on the runner, OhCanada.

The new one I picked to work on will take me FOREVVAAAA! Sewing down swirls on charm squares with blanket stitches. Boring now but it will look fabulous. It is all done with colorful batiks.
    Old 03-03-2016, 04:05 AM

did I miss the February count. I'll bet I did either that or my memory is letting me down.
    Old 03-03-2016, 04:56 AM

Attn: ZOZEE. Your PM box is full so I cannot reply this morning. The post you asked about is #473 on 2/1, two doll quilts but no pic. Hope that helps!
    Old 03-03-2016, 05:14 AM

Default February Total!

I held off on the February count for a few days in order to give everyone a chance to get the last minute finishes photographed and added here. But now it's the 3rd of March and we are already moving on down this line for the new month so no more waiting! Here's the February count, and it's good, very good. February's total of Finished UFOs is 60! SIXTY! Toot Toot to everyone who added to that count for the month. That brings the total of UFO finishes in 2016 to 134! Isn't that just plain splendid?!?!

I do want to recognize the people who really gave February a final push. Since my previous tally post, the following people had finishes: Wildyard, Letawellman, Terriamn, TravelingGramma, Rryder, Kristakz, Madquilter, GramE, Julie R, OhCanada, QuilterMomma, Jaba and AnokaQuilter. Thanks to each of you for giving us the final push up the hill to a great February finish!. Toot, Toot!!!

Time to keep this train rolling along! It's March folks!. How many can we finish this month?

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-03-2016 at 05:21 AM.
    Old 03-03-2016, 01:28 PM

OhCanada, our first UFO finish of the month! Congratulations on the autumn themed Table runner. Cute Toot Toot![QUOTE=OhCanada;7482640]I did nothing but sew yesterday - finished this table runner that I had cut the fabric for and set aside, several years ago. Simple straight line quilting suits the pattern and fabric so it went together very quickly. Attached Images

Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM

I am hoping to get at least my four done. I actually got the Drunkard Path blocks laid out and started assembling the blocks. The pieces have been done for a few months. I have two on the longarm still, and the debate goes for number four of which one it will be to finish. I have so many, what to choose is the hard part. Should be a quilting one. Maybe the customer quilt that has not been finished yet for two years. She has not nagged me yet, but I am sure she will if I don't get it done. LOL
    Old 03-03-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Question to all - how do you stay away from all these forums and blogs and quilty sites and quilty stores long enough to finish anything?? Between pinterest and downloads and favorite place files I find myself spending way too much time drooling then sewing.
    I used to embroider or do binding while sitting with hubby watching tv. But know the computer is on my lap while we sit. So unproductive - but so much fun too
    I guess that is why I am on here - with UFO's!
    I try to stick with just a couple of sites/blogs/threads.
    For example, here on QB, I stick mainly with just this group. Every once in awhile, I will post a comment on a post or two on the main board, but my focus is HERE, on the UFO challenge.
    My other couple of sites are for my longarm group (SC Girls with Longarms) and Judi Madsen's and Lisa Calle's blogs.

I am on a "fabric fast" (no buying new fabric) so I immediately delete all emails from places like Hancock's, Fabric Depot and so on.

Another thing that usually deters my computer time is hubby - he pretty much hogs the computer in the evenings. Also, I work on computers all day on my job, so sometimes I don't even want to SEE a computer when I get home.