2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

Lalalalala I get to go fabric shopping with my BFF tomorrow. She needs to make some Baby Quilts. I don't have much in that line or I'd let her shop from my stash. BUT I get to pet the fabric and don't have to buy any. Life is good.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Lalalalala I get to go fabric shopping with my BFF tomorrow. She needs to make some Baby Quilts. I don't have much in that line or I'd let her shop from my stash. BUT I get to pet the fabric and don't have to buy any. Life is good.
Ah yes, the vicarious fabric purchase! Have fun!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:00 AM

Happy Birthday Altairss. Those are lovely fabrics!
Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Swap Hosts

The Estate Sale. This was a real quilter. Big studio. I spent $40 and got three Joann bags crammed with fabric, spools of thread for piecing, two needle threaders, and a Kaffee Fassett book. Lots of yardage, all good quality. And a pile of scraps. This will not be a new acquisition of fabric, but a swap. I am going to return the fabric I purchased at the end of December. Money saved and so I'm not considering it to be an acquisition. Besides, I needed tiny print fabrics because I don't have any. The end. Here are pix of some of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565631[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565632[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabric-january-sale.jpg   fabric-january-sale-3.jpg  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

Krystyna, posting these photos is like bringing pictues of (Sanders) hot fudge cream puff sundaes to your weight watcher's meeting!
We are all jealous. Looks like a real couldn't-pass-it-up bargain.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Looks like quite a haul...one word of caution regarding the threads...they could have been purchased a long time ago judging by the style of some of your fabrics...thread does go bad and breaks when sewn..check them out before you use them...ask me how I know!

I'm working on a UFO and have pulled 2 yards out of stash for setting squares...have some picked out for setting triangles...hopefully will have stash for border, but will pick that out after the center piece is done...not sure what color I'll use in the border...depends what I have, how much and more importantly how it looks with the center...the 9P's are all charms...I have found a couple of repeats so pulled them out of the block pile...good thing I have a few extras..this is my EQ quilt...blocks finish at 3"...
Old 01-14-2017, 04:13 PM

I finally remembered to locate this thread today. I have joined the past few years and have really enjoyed all the tales of our moratorium. Last year was a pretty easy year for me. We moved unexpectedly, so I didn't have much time to shop or quilt so I guess I was about even on buying and using. In our new house my studio is much smaller - but works. I have really been trying to shop my stash. So far - since November - I have made a wedding gift (place mats and napkins), finished a quilt I had started at our previous house, and I'm working on a "thank you" quilt for our friend that helped build my studio. I also used my stash for Bonnie Hunter's MQ this year. Everything was made from my stash. A few years before I retired I bought a lot of kits. The "thank you" quilt is from one of the kits. I will need to purchase backing. I think this year I might actually be able to make this moratorium work! Oh, I forgot. I did buy 12 yards of fabric last week from Connecting Threads for curtains in our hanger. I didn't have 12 yards of one fabric. The fabric was on sale and only cost a little over $2 a yard. Since I had a plan for it I felt OK with buying the fabric.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:15 PM

oksewglad - Congratulations. Wow! Tons of little pieces! Did you do it as a leader/ender project? And how in the world did you notice duplicates in all those blocks?

Sophie2 - Curtain fabric isn't the same as quilting fabric. *wink wink* Great price.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:51 PM

Krystyna- nice haul!

8 more yards of fleece used=2 finished fleece blankets!

Connie
Old 01-14-2017, 06:13 PM

I spent most of today cleaning house, as we anticipate some special guests tomorrow. While cleaning, I was stitching out the last of the embroidered animals I needed to get to the "join the blocks" stage of a UFO. So, late this afternoon, after that was finished, I started looking for the instructions for the setting blocks.

And was reminded once again just exactly WHY I joined the Fabric Moratorium!

However, once I found the instructions, I will be able to start adding "more fabric used from the stash" countdown. It will be a twin size, and the setting blocks will use an additional 6 yds of primary colors as well as about another 5 yds for the backing. Plus this will get another UFO into the "completed" pile.

Customer quilt #2 did not get any attention today... but that's ok, since I haven't heard from the owner today either.

The last fabrics for the commission quilt came in the mail today as well, so I'll be planning that one out over the next several days.

I REALLY DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANY MORE FABRIC!!!!!!!
There! I feel better now.