Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 10-26-2017, 09:14 AM

This is beautiful, Glojean. Congratulations on your lovely red/cream UFO finish and your brown half log cabin from earlier this month in post 1719. A double Toot, Toot for you!
    Originally Posted by Glojean48
    Here's a picture of my red/cream Half-Log Cabin quilt. This was my July UFO for the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge - better late than never.:-)

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-26-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    Old 10-26-2017, 09:17 AM

Congratulations, Sophie2! This is a big UFO finish. Toot, Toot!
    Originally Posted by Sophie2
    I have a finish for October! I purchased this kit about six years ago. My DH must like the quilt because he had me put it on our bed right away last night! Didn't have a real good place to put the quilt for a picture. [ATTACH=CONFIG]582756[/ATTACH]
    Old 10-26-2017, 09:25 AM

We're close to the end of the month. Is anyone pushing for another UFO finish for October?
    Old 10-26-2017, 11:40 AM

I had one ufo finished for this month...a baby quilt.... but I forgot the pic and now it is sold. Never liked the quilt, thus it became a UFo but I plowed ahead and got 'er done. I am so surprised that it sold so quickly.
    Another one is likely to be finished before the end of the month. Just have the binding to do.

Last edited by anne2016; 10-26-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    Old 10-26-2017, 11:53 AM

Janice....I would like to thank you for helping me achieve my goal. I only have 3 UFOs left to do and will probably start on them early in November. Two are small tops that need to be quilted and bound. The other will wait until January. It is a top that I am going to use to practice FMQ. I want to wait until after Xmas as this time of year brings enough stress. In January I will be more relaxed and more inclined to practice each day.

You have kept us all on track, crunching the numbers, commenting on our work and generally keeping things moving along. I appreciate all you've done. Without the suggestions/comments from you and from all the others here, I would not have achieved so much. I feel so free, having reached my goal. Soon, I can start piecing new tops which is the part I like best.

Last edited by anne2016; 10-26-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Old 10-28-2017, 07:29 AM

Anne, we'll take your word for it! . Congratulations and Toot, Toot for your UFO finish.
    Originally Posted by anne2016
    I had one ufo finished for this month...a baby quilt.... but I forgot the pic and now it is sold. Never liked the quilt, thus it became a UFo but I plowed ahead and got 'er done. I am so surprised that it sold so quickly.
    Another one is likely to be finished before the end of the month. Just have the binding to do.
    Old 10-28-2017, 07:31 AM

Anne, you are most welcome but YOU did all the hard work. Pat yourself on the back for many jobs well done.
    Originally Posted by anne2016
    Janice....I would like to thank you for helping me achieve my goal. I only have 3 UFOs left to do and will probably start on them early in November. Two are small tops that need to be quilted and bound. The other will wait until January. It is a top that I am going to use to practice FMQ. I want to wait until after Xmas as this time of year brings enough stress. In January I will be more relaxed and more inclined to practice each day.

You have kept us all on track, crunching the numbers, commenting on our work and generally keeping things moving along. I appreciate all you've done. Without the suggestions/comments from you and from all the others here, I would not have achieved so much. I feel so free, having reached my goal. Soon, I can start piecing new tops which is the part I like best.
    Old 10-29-2017, 04:40 PM

I’m working on a ufo. It just needs 2 blocks quilted. I’ll post pic when done.

Lovely finished quilts Sophie2 and belfry. Congrates on your finishes.
    Old 10-29-2017, 08:15 PM

Thank you, Janice.:-)
    Old 10-30-2017, 06:35 AM

Another UFO bites the dust. This one should have been finished a long time ago but as usual I got sidetracked doing other projects. My circles aren't the best but better finished than perfect. I am trying to sell it but if it doesn't sell after a month, I will donate it to a charity.[ATTACH=CONFIG]583194[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 000_1470.jpg