Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-04-2017, 03:11 PM

For 10 or more years my living room was eggplant purple and sunshine yellow. I changed it a few years ago and now it is orange / brown (sparingly) and blue, and the bedroom is citrus orange / yellow / green w/ tiny touches of blue. Your quilt is lovely so glad it found a forever home.
    Originally Posted by Rose_P
    Jaba, love the DP4! I have one of those among my UFO's. Maybe it will be next. I just finished this one from 5 years ago. It started with a remnant that I used to experiment with 4-Patch Posey. Then it was hard to come up with a use for those 5 blocks, especially since they were not in colors that I'd usually pick and I don't know too many people who would have a place for it in their home. It's 60", a good size for a couch, but who wants purple, orange and yellow for that? Then just as I finished and put this in the washer my husband brought in the mail and I got a card from an old friend who moved away in 2000. She said she'd had both knees replaced recently. I knew immediately who should be getting all these cheerful colors, and it's on its way to her. I quilted this on my Babylock embroidery machine, except for the outer border, which has just simple channel quilting.
    Old 11-04-2017, 03:50 PM

Thank you, Kassaundra!

I should have added to my post that I hope it's okay to jump on this thread so belatedly! Can it really be November already?! Anyway, I finished a couple of other UFO's this year. One was a baby quilt that I started for my grandson 7 years ago. Luckily my niece recently had a boy. I don't have a picture. The other wasn't my UFO, but one from my SIL's long deceased relative. Nobody even knew who made it. I posted it on the main picture thread awhile back, and had forgotten about this thread. I think taking on that project as well as hitting one of those milestone birthdays acted as a bit of a spur to get myself thinking about the fact that life doesn't go on forever and who knows whether I'll have enough time to actually get all these projects done, especially if I don't get in gear.
    Old 11-04-2017, 04:11 PM

I jumped in late last year and didn't "get in trouble" lol lol lol. Here's to believing you have plenty of time to finish all the UFO'S and then some.
    Originally Posted by Rose_P
    Thank you, Kassaundra!

I should have added to my post that I hope it's okay to jump on this thread so belatedly! Can it really be November already?! Anyway, I finished a couple of other UFO's this year. One was a baby quilt that I started for my grandson 7 years ago. Luckily my niece recently had a boy. I don't have a picture. The other wasn't my UFO, but one from my SIL's long deceased relative. Nobody even knew who made it. I posted it on the main picture thread awhile back, and had forgotten about this thread. I think taking on that project as well as hitting one of those milestone birthdays acted as a bit of a spur to get myself thinking about the fact that life doesn't go on forever and who knows whether I'll have enough time to actually get all these projects done, especially if I don't get in gear.
    Old 11-04-2017, 04:40 PM
    Power Poster

Very pretty, Rose_P! And no it's never too late to join us.
    Old 11-04-2017, 05:15 PM

Rose_P what a sweet story. More than once in the past few years, I have made quilts with not particular destination for them. Then Poof, right in front of me is the perfect quilt for the circumstance. Your generosity will be rewarded with blessings when you least expect it.
    Old 11-04-2017, 05:56 PM

Rose: Your quilt is very pretty! I took a screenshot of your embroidery because I have only added some small designs and I like your bigger ones.

Connie
    Old 11-04-2017, 07:03 PM

Beautiful finish, Rose! And welcome to the UFO thread. If you’ve got pics of your other UFO finishes for this year post them or if no pics, then post the the number you’ve completed so far so Janice can addd them to this year’s total.

Rob
    Old 11-05-2017, 03:08 AM

Nice finish, Rose. Lovely story too. So glad it found a forever home.
    Old 11-05-2017, 08:03 AM
    Power Poster

I'm not getting complete quilts done, but on a a quest to get projects into finished tops..do half UFO's count?...I'm working on a house quilt started in 2012. I never did get to 365 houses, but have 225+ done and over half through setting them into a large quilt. It takes a long time to sew 3" blocks into a quilt! Stitch by stitch. I also pulled out Tula Pink's sampler quilt a (2013 start) and have now finished the blocks and have a setting planned and the strip sets sewn ready for background piecing. Another top finished is a BH quilt called RicRac9's, a top that uses over 200 9P's cut from 2" squares. I feel I've been pretty productive since September...I don't think they will be compete finishes for 2017, but a good start for 2018.
    Old 11-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Great Quilt ladies Like them all.