Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-26-2017, 02:02 PM

QM - the stocking pieces are wonderful. Is that felt you used?
    I finished piecing and quilting three prayer quilts over the weekend and hope to get them bound by the end of the week so I can claim 3 more finishes.
    Old 12-26-2017, 03:25 PM

It is a wool felt. A mixture of the two.
    Old 12-27-2017, 07:01 AM

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while but wanted to congratulate everyone on the latest finishes. I so appreciated the encouragement I got from all of you this past year.

E. J. .....great bags. They made me smile too.

Belfrybat.....congrats on the finishes. Your take on the T.Frenzy pattern is interesting. Never made the pattern. It always seemed like it was a too difficult.
    I am sorry for your friend's medical problems and I hope he enjoys the prayer quilt.

happylab....congrats on finishing the cute snowman wall/table runner and the pink quilt.

QMomma.....Glad you finished your wool felt runners. They are adorable! I like the added touches of lights and buttonhole stitch.

Martina...I like your Stepping Stones quilt. I have had that pattern on my 'want-to-try' list for a long time.

jaba......congrats on the finishes. I like the placemats and runner....lovely colors...and your space quilt is great. I am a fan of science fiction and space movies and I have made a few space-related quilts. I watch for photos of quilts using space fabrics. I have bookmarked your post for inspiration.

cherrybsixty.... added your post to my kids' quilts folder. Have many b/white pieces leftover from another quilt and will use your quilt photo as inspiration for a baby quilt.

Fraew.....Your En Provence is beautiful!
    I have never made a BHM quilt but like looking at all the wonderful quilts people do using her mystery patterns.

Leta.....congrats on finishing the unfinished Dresden Plates and getting the cosmetic bags done. The bags will make great gifts.

Rob... do you still have clothesline left? You must be seeing trivets in your dreams. Every time you showed pics of newly-made ones, I kept thinking..'the trouble with Tribbles' and I'd giggle. They are great for gifts.

I wanted to make sure that I acknowledged all your wonderful achievements. I had 2 tabs open for QB and I hope I did not miss anyone or mix up my comments. If I did, please forgive me.

Janice, you are our fearless leader! You have done a wonderful job this past year. Thank you. Hopefully someone will start a new challenge thread for next year.

Everyone......I sincerely hope that 2018 is a fantastic year for all of you. No doubt we will all have some woes but I will pray that the joys greatly outnumber the troubles and that the troubles are made easier to bear by good friends and family.

Last edited by anne2016; 12-27-2017 at 07:14 AM.
    Old 12-27-2017, 04:17 PM

Good evening! Just a quick FYI that I'm out of town and away from my UFO challenge data. I'll update this thread on Saturday and bring you all up to date. Thanks for your patience!
    Old 12-28-2017, 12:20 PM

Those are gorgeous Quilter Momma! There is SO much work in each single stocking let alone 5 panels of them! I am in awe - you deserve to be thrilled!

Also love your table runner and placemats Jaba, a lovely completed set. Did you enjoy using them for Christmas?

I have finally finished my advent calendar panel just in time for...er..Christmas next year...oh well, better late than never It is a makower panel from a few years ago. I've been working on it on and off for probably 3 years. I attached the pockets, tacked it to batting, quilted around the train outline and border, pieced the backing, attached a hanging sleeve and bound it. I'm happy to have it finished and looking forward to Christmas 2018 when I can pull it out of the cupboard, guilt-free, knowing that it is ready to use
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586143[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586144[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails advent-calendar_front.jpg   advent-calendar_back.jpg  

Last edited by E.J.; 12-28-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Old 12-28-2017, 02:35 PM
    Power Poster

Amazing and beautiful finishes! I'm planning to be good next year and join you for 2018. Once the new board thread is up some one please pm me. Thanks!

Last edited by Annaquilts; 12-28-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Old 12-28-2017, 02:38 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I have a UFO for December. This is my version of the Underground RR. It was started in 2014. I am thrilled to have it finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584747[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584748[/ATTACH]
    Kassaundra this is from the swap I was in too right? Is that my boat? It is nice to see quilts that are finnished from swap blocks. I like all that you added and the layout. I ended up using mine for the NICU baby quilts, so they also got a good home. Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Old 12-29-2017, 05:29 AM

E.J.....congrats on the finish. It is done early for Christmas 2018!!
    Old 12-29-2017, 05:44 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586176[/ATTACH]This one is finished. It is Sunrise and made from one layer cake and one charm pack. This is Roses on the Vine. It is only a top, but that is as far as I am taking them right now. That makes 8 in the pile to go to the L.A. Yikes!
    Attached Thumbnails 20171228_192145_resized.jpg  
    Old 12-29-2017, 05:58 AM

Yes those were from our BYC swap. I posted a pic on the BYC thread, but I don't think to many people go there anymore. I know I rarely do it is so hard to navigate w/ the new updates, and all my thousands of pictures disappeared. I still haven't even started any of the other blocks yet.
    Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Kassaundra this is from the swap I was in too right? Is that my boat? It is nice to see quilts that are finnished from swap blocks. I like all that you added and the layout. I ended up using mine for the NICU baby quilts, so they also got a good home. Thanks for posting the pictures.