2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Well, I had a slight fall in the form of a drive by fabric drop off thanks to my Mom who passed a very nice white fitted sheet with a rip in it my way. i’ve already removed the elastic and ripped it into flat pieces. i also used most of it as rhe front and back for a whole cloth doodle quilt since I’ve been wanting to do one of those. So really, only a few long strips and a couple of squares were added to my stash.... and it did give me an excuse to start something new instead of digging something out of my ginornous UFO pile...

Rob
Old 06-07-2018, 05:58 PM

Rob, this doesn't count. You didn't go out to buy any fabric. You can't help it if someone gives you some...
Old 06-07-2018, 06:28 PM

Petthefabric....good news on the cast....take it slow and don't overdue. Excellent restraint, too!

Madquilter.....enjoy the expo...those are so hard to not buy.

Rob....I've wanted to try a doodle art quilt too. I like the one where that gal LA her doodle and then used fabric paint...amazing. Have fun and share your results...

I ran ran out of light gray so I bought only one yard yesterday. Nothing else....LQS had some end of bolt packets made up...polka dots....OMG!!! She said she thought of me when she packaged them and almost set them aside for me. So sweet of her but...... Help me, please!
Old 06-07-2018, 10:23 PM

OK, Teen, help is here! Breathe deeply... In... Out. Slowly, Teen, very slowly... Breathe deeply again... You can do it. Your don't need more polka dots. It's ok... You'll be fine... You can just turn around and leave the LQS without any more stuff to add to your stash. ... Just keep breathing...

Did that help?
Old 06-08-2018, 06:38 PM

I have not bought any fabric lately. I’m trying to finish 2 swaps and a few ufo’s. I know I will need to buy some fabric to finish up 2-3 projects, but i’m Putting it on the back burner now. I signed up for a retreat in September and hopefully I will compete 3-4 ufo quilt tops. Then they will be quilted and done this year.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:41 PM

I ordered two yards of fabric today, but it will be sewn and leave the house as soon as it arrives. The last student I tutored privately is graduating and going to college on a cycling scholarship. I'm so proud of him and need a special gift. Fabric.com has cyclers in various 'poses' on fabric. I have black and gray for the flange and cuff, so I will use some stash. One of his lessons was to make a 'taco' pillowcase. (There's no sense learning to read if you can't transfer the words to action), so pillowcases made with that way will mean something to him.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Sillysusan....thank you...much better now...lol!

good job, happylab... Your are staying so focused.

irishrose......that will be a cool quilt and gift. Can't wait to see what you do with that theme fabric. I have a hard time with ideas for themed stuff....
Old 06-09-2018, 05:41 PM

He won't get a quilt. I can hardly keep up with family members. He will get 2 pillowcases. If his mother wants to commission a quilt after she sees the fabric, we'll talk. The student needs nothing and will be thrilled to get pillowcases with cyclists on them.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Oh..sorry...I misread....I have quilt on the brain..lol! Really thoughtful sentimental gift. I've never made one so I'd like to see them when completed, if willing.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:28 PM

I bought Approx one yard combined total of fabric while on trip. I will use in a current project.