Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 09-23-2018, 04:26 PM

There's been construction going on here, piping all over the house. Everyroon got moved somehow. Yesterday, we started putting things back in order. Found some things way out of date====trash. Guess what else I found-3 UFO's, wondered what happened to them. They all need quilting/binding.
    Old 09-23-2018, 05:02 PM

Great finish WMUTeach! I really like those light colored quilting lines - neat way to tie the center squares and the sashing squares together for another pattern layer.

Petthefabric- isn’t it strange how those UFOs just turn up like that?

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 09-23-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    Old 09-28-2018, 07:20 AM

Hello everyone! Been laid up still so no quilting. I do get to take a Becky Goldsmith class on Saturday. Hoping it goes well. Will be interesting quilting with foot up in the air. Daughter gets to go with me, that will be a treat. Signed up for it in April so no turning back now.
    If I get up to it, will have some finished in October, that is a big if. I do need to get busy for my Christmas presents that have been sitting around for a couple of years. Yeah, those things we want to make, but they do not get finished so no one knows they are getting them and we can get away with it. LOL
    Old 09-29-2018, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Hello everyone! Been laid up still so no quilting. I do get to take a Becky Goldsmith class on Saturday. Hoping it goes well. Will be interesting quilting with foot up in the air. Daughter gets to go with me, that will be a treat. Signed up for it in April so no turning back now.
    If I get up to it, will have some finished in October, that is a big if. I do need to get busy for my Christmas presents that have been sitting around for a couple of years. Yeah, those things we want to make, but they do not get finished so no one knows they are getting them and we can get away with it. LOL
    Good Morning UFO'ers
    QuilterMomma wishing you the best with your mending both quilting and health. Blessings with your Christmas sewing. I personally can't get motivated toward my creativity side but, I have to check in every once in a while. Staying prayerful you all produce beautiful finishes and have a blessed day.

Cherry
    Old 09-29-2018, 09:39 AM

Lots of wonderful finishes for September. Cheers for all who have completed them, cheers for the rest of us to encourage you to keep stitching! Prayers for the few who are hurting or sick. And a sigh for those of us who found more UFO's ( 2 more for me.)

I haven't checked in for a while, the 2 weddings and memorial service along with vacation kind of made me loose the month of September. Home now and can get back in some kind of routine. I am still working on the spider table runner, should be able to finish it this weekend. Just need to add more spiders in the borders. Doing the spiders in lime green and day-glow yellow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601846[/ATTACH]

And have been working on the quilt for my coworker who has cancer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601847[/ATTACH]

This one is evolving as I sew it, I have a master plan but keep modifying as I go. The only requirement from Terese is she wants purple and grays.
    Attached Thumbnails dsci4082c.jpg   dsci4080c.jpg  
    Old 09-30-2018, 11:01 AM

QM hoping you are feeling better soon.

WMUTeach great and lovely finish.

Welcom back Dedemac.

I’m still working on my 9-patch. I need to stop and complete a UFO 1st today. It will be a small one. I will post pic when I’m done. Happy sewing everyone.
    Old 09-30-2018, 01:21 PM

That table runner is looking good Dedemac!

I'm trying to get a t-shirt quilt put together and finished for my cousin's 75 birthday in late Oct. I started it 3 years ago, got the t-shirts stabilized and everything cut out, and there it sat. I've managed to get the pieces up on my design wall, just have to measure for fill strips and piece it together, but for some reason I'm finding it hard to make myself work on it -- guess that's why it's been a UFO for the last 3 years

Rob
    Old 09-30-2018, 10:35 PM

Good to see you, Dedemac... Beautiful table runner...

Rob....I think I did the same thing with those brown orphan blocks as you are doing with t-shirt quilt. It felt like I was in a rut with them so I get the lack of motivation. If you recall, I donated the blocks but you can't really do that with the t-shirts. Lol...

I completed all 12 Santa applique blocks. I'm almost sad that they are done cuz they were so much fun. I'm on to layout and deciding on pieced blocks. I'm not thrilled with the pattern layout...
    Old 10-01-2018, 06:34 AM

Thanks all, I did finish the runner! Will post a final picture after it comes out of the laundry.

Happy October everyone, time for a change of season.
    Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Teen- donation is definitely not an option, though I wish it was. I think you're right about why I'm finding it so tedious. Can't wait to see your Santa quilt!

Yay Dedemac! Looking forward to seeing it.

Rob