Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >
  • Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

• Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 AM

Sorry everyone for cluttering up this thread this way. Catlady, you should have received one telling you about a source on e-bay and another offering any I have left over.
    Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Emma, Emma not clutter......so great to hear from you, worried about the flooding in Oregon and hope each day to see how the quilt is working in all constants...bet it is gorgeous.....cannot wait to finish mine to show the backing (Tuscany) and binding (olive branches, silhouette) that I found. Sure have missed you !
    Old 01-05-2016, 12:11 PM

I am still plugging along---hope to finish the last of the 50 block today! Made 2 of the setting triangle pieces just to see how they would go and think they are Ok. If all goes well I hope to start putting rows together tomorrow!!!

Still thinking about backing too---not sure I have anything in my stash big enough. Wondering about a gray and black stripe??
    Old 01-05-2016, 12:15 PM

Poop!. I am ripping today. When it was time to cut the gold center blocks I noticed one of my golds has a rather coarse weave and decided not to use it, but I DID use it for the 2" squares in the four patches! I debated leaving it in for awhile and decided I wouldn't be happy about it if I did so rip, rip, rip. I have 19 of those little squares to rip out and replace before I will be moving ahead.

I am learning more about fabrics and quality so hopefully won't buy this stuff again.
    Old 01-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Thank you Sunliten. The rivers around here really were high for a while but thank goodness, no flooding. They were hit pretty hard up closer to Portland and also had days of icy conditions. We coastal Oregonians (meaning within 90 miles) aren't used to extreme conditions. It pretty much shuts everything down. I really miss you guys, don't get notifications of thread updates and even trying to type in a response is hard, skips letters. Oh well. Since it seems to be semi-functioning I will post a picture, I hope.
    Old 01-05-2016, 12:44 PM

Ok try this again. This is the first several rows. It will measure 96 X 96 when done. Used three shades of grey for the black, tan and grey. Made it so none of the colors popped but starting to get used to it.
    Attached Thumbnails 2015-bh-mystert.jpg  
    Old 01-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Wow!! I have just been following along with this mystery, but all of your quilts look terrific. I may just have to start this one soon. It is a very striking pattern and the colors look so rich with that grey and black contrast. I am also anxious to see some of those that were done in alternate colors.
    Old 01-05-2016, 02:28 PM

I've been avoiding reading for a few days, because I put Allietare aside while I worked on a bunch of New Year's mysteries. But, I stepped back into Allietare-land today, and put together some of my blocks. Just had to get a linkup for Bonnie, before it closes. Here's what I have so far. Lots more assembly to do, but it's coming together nicely. I kind of wish my purple was a bit lighter (it doesn't contrast as much with the black as it should) but I am NOT replacing it now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539478[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p1050599.jpg  
    Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM

Krista, really pretty colors. There are a lot of alternative colorways on Bonnie's Blog for anyone that is interested.
    Old 01-05-2016, 04:15 PM

I was googling beginner quilting ideas / designs (I am a horrible quilter, I just usually do in the ditch) These people are delusional if they think those are BEGINNER designs!