Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >
  • Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

• Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-09-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    OMG... I think I have just been banned from Quiltville's Open Studio. All I did was post about a tragic girl who lost her family in a fire and is requesting Christmas cards. I suggested making quilted Christmas cards for her and now my post is gone and I am banned. I loved Quiltville Open studio! Does anyone know who I can contact about this?
    Try Angela Neff - she is one of the moderators.
    Old 12-09-2015, 09:36 AM

It's best to read the 'description' section at the top of the Quiltville page to the right in its entirety, as it lists all the things that are not allowed. If there's any doubt, I would always err on the side of caution when posting there, as there are quite a few 'don'ts'. I hope you can work it out!
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Looking good on both "mysteries" SheriR. Go, go, go!

I may have to steal that pink/brown one!

Last edited by Fraew; 12-09-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:25 AM
    Power Poster

I am enjoying seeing all the pretty neutrals. Mine are so bland in comparison. Super job on all those that finished clue 2
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR
    @sewbizgirl: my sons gf made him a Tshirt quilt for Christmas a few years ago. It was GIANT! The thing is....she tied at the four corner spot ONLY. She has one of her own that is done in the same way. It has bunches and bunches of batting wads all along the edges and zero batting in the body of the quilt. So.....awful me....when my son moved out of state, without said gf....I kept his Tshirt quilt and did all kinds of FM in each block to hold the batting in place. I quilted around the silk screening. like little bats on the batman block and really lots of meandering. I know it was super rude to touch the quilt someone else made, but I just couldn't bear it getting its batting in a wad...
    Sheri, you are too funny! No, we can't let a poor quilt get it's batting in a wad. If the girlfriend is now out of the picture, I'd say just go for it! I'm sure your son's T shirts are valuable to him.

I love your Orca Bay! That's on my 'do one day' list... Love your alternate color scheme.

Kassandra, I know how you feel about chaining yourself to a project that MUST come first. I have to finish the binding on the T shirt quilt today before I can play with Allietare. I did go read over the instructions again tho, and I'm raring to go. If I don't hurry up I'll be one clue behind... can't have that!
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:44 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    I am enjoying seeing all the pretty neutrals. Mine are so bland in comparison. Super job on all those that finished clue 2
    I'm sure yours will be pretty. You can always add in some more neutrals than what you have originally chosen. I think we will be using them again because we've barely made a dent in them. That's the great thing about our sharing pics with each other. We learn so much about what can work in these scrappy quilts. I always grow in my understanding of "scrappy" with these mysteries.
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    It's best to read the 'description' section at the top of the Quiltville page to the right in its entirety, as it lists all the things that are not allowed. If there's any doubt, I would always err on the side of caution when posting there, as there are quite a few 'don'ts'. I hope you can work it out!
    Thanks.... I accessed the page with my daughter's account and re-read the rules. I still am not sure where I went wrong, and I received no email or message about it. I am heartsick about this because I loved the group. I contacted Angela and Bonnie and I hope they understand and reinstate me.
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:52 AM

I too must chain my self to my machine to finish one of my GDs quilts for her birthday the first of Jan. she will be 18 so her keeper quilt from GM. I need to get it finished and sent off to a L/A fast.
    Old 12-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    Thanks.... I accessed the page with my daughter's account and re-read the rules. I still am not sure where I went wrong, and I received no email or message about it.
    They state not to post things that aren't quilt related, and then there's the bit about medical updates. I imagine it could be very disturbing for people to happen upon a picture of a severely burned child without warning, when they're expecting nothing but quilt photos.
    Old 12-09-2015, 11:40 AM

SheriR, (Post 672) I, too, pieced together the cut off portions of the hst. My DH saw them and joked that soon I would be tying together pieces of thread to get a longer piece. Sorry it is just the miserly way in me! LOL What do you plan to use them in? They are itty bitty!