Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >
  • Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

• Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-17-2015, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR
    I'm in love with everyone's 4 Patches! I just think I really just love that I'm using my cheddars!

I don't think we'll cut the Santa hats. The "Hot Cross Buns" idea is my fav! I checked out the site someone suggested with the bow. To me it does not look like our block so I'm guessing not a bow (though I did once think I'd use my cheddars on a bow quilt). I took a screen shot and zoomed in (if this is the block) what do all y'all think?
    This bow is ingenious, but we didn't do mirror images
    Old 12-17-2015, 06:09 AM

Bonnies colors are lovely together, and I would have considered them if I had the right fabrics, however I am equally loving most of the alternative colors.
    Old 12-17-2015, 08:06 AM

I was inspired by the scrappy sisterhood, and these are definitely the scrappiest units I've ever made. I can see why people love scrappy! (I haven't finished pressing, and haven't trimmed yet).

I've also been making a few units using that other palette that intrigued me, what I call the 'sunny Tuscany palette' -- this has the dark green for black, terra cotta for red, and happy blue for gray -- to see if it would work with the Allietare pattern. I don't think I'll continue with the experiment, because I think those goose units are very hard to look at with the bright complementary colors juxtaposed. I wonder if these colors would work with Roll Roll Cotton Boll?!
    Attached Thumbnails imgp1066-copy_fotor.jpg   imgp1067-copy_fotor.jpg   imgp1068-copy_fotor.jpg  
    Old 12-17-2015, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew
    I'm in on the mystery quilt this year too! I haven't posted in this section yet as I am usually busy ogling the vintage machine section.

I finished my four patches this morning but still need to cut my rectangles. I'm sure I will have that done before Friday's clue.

I was a bit uncertain about my gold color choices but once I mixed them around just a bit and see them all together I think they will be ok.
    I just wanted to tell you Mrs. SewNSew, I just love your screen name, that is a good one. I am just tagging along on this one, no time, watching everyone's progress and love it all. Scrappy are good, change in color selection are interesting and originals are great too.

Last edited by AnngelAnne; 12-17-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    Old 12-17-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne
    I just wanted to tell you Mrs. SewNSew, I just love your screen name, that is a good one. I am just tagging along on this one, no time, watching everyone's progress and love it all. Scrappy are good, change in color selection are interesting and originals are great too.
    Thank you! It's sew hard to come up with a good screen name that isn't already taken lol! In the vintage secion here there is also an Old Sew n sew so I am not the first to think of it!

I looked over Bonnie's link up after the 3rd clue and it was reassuring to see all the different choices people made with their "golds". I was happy to see a few like mine so hopefully it will look just fine when it all comes together!
    Old 12-17-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    I was inspired by the scrappy sisterhood, and these are definitely the scrappiest units I've ever made. I can see why people love scrappy! (I haven't finished pressing, and haven't trimmed yet).

I've also been making a few units using that other palette that intrigued me, what I call the 'sunny Tuscany palette' -- this has the dark green for black, terra cotta for red, and happy blue for gray -- to see if it would work with the Allietare pattern. I don't think I'll continue with the experiment, because I think those goose units are very hard to look at with the bright complementary colors juxtaposed. I wonder if these colors would work with Roll Roll Cotton Boll?!
    I agree about the blue / red geese. I think it could work w/ a lighter (but just as bright) blue.
    Old 12-17-2015, 10:17 AM

Oooh, love the pinks, PeriWink.

A huge part of the fun of a mystery quilt to me is all the speculation and guesses along the way. Another thing I love is seeing is the variety of fabrics and colors and how they eventually play out.
    Old 12-17-2015, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets
    Oooh, love the pinks, PeriWink.

A huge part of the fun of a mystery quilt to me is all the speculation and guesses along the way. Another thing I love is seeing is the variety of fabrics and colors and how they eventually play out.
    Completely agree! The Pink & White looks great.
    Sewbizgirl - your neutrals are so much fun! Is that hats & mustaches on the left side/middle?

It's amazing how many different golds there are - some with low contrast - some with high contrast - but all equally as as pretty! And it's really fun peeking in to everyone's stash.
    Old 12-17-2015, 01:54 PM

Love your golds, Joe'smom
    Old 12-17-2015, 03:04 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by AmyBible
    Sewbizgirl - your neutrals are so much fun! Is that hats & mustaches on the left side/middle?
    Yup, that's what you spotted!