Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • ART Quilt Challenges Monthly >
  • ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

• ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 AM

Beautiful crocus Dotty. Did you paint those on your pillow?
    Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 AM

I was going to applique the crocus, but found a great print. Right now they are on w fusible. I will add some fraycheck or glue. My tendonitis is limiting my sewing. This piece is on my front door.
    Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Default March hare?

One more. Kaffe the Bunny!!
    Attached Thumbnails kaffe-bunny-001.jpg  
    Old 03-17-2013, 06:49 PM
    Power Poster

Dotty, hes soooo cute.is he your easter decoration?
    love those kf prints.
    Where is everyone elses??? I come to see the creativity
    All the time. Please show me more of everyone elses ideas.
    Old 03-18-2013, 12:57 AM

i am marching toward completion of my swap obligations and the ability to plan time for my own work. i'm hoping before april opens it's eyes i will be doing some created and creative work. somewhere i have a portrait of simon. he has a classic profile and will hold a position long enough for me to get the 'bones' on the paper and from that it's just refining. tigeer is feeling the resurgence of energy and spring. he has teased the dogs into chasing him and playing. our laundry hamper which is collapsible and partially opaque was lying on the bedroom floor when it started to twitch and bounce. both dogs were intrigued and definitely interested. they are normally sedentary old ladies but i guess they felt the excitement tiger was generating. next i knew a red and black streak zoomed out of my room, around the family room and back through my door. sudden stop action. they all adjusted their fur nonchalantly, and to make it clear it was all good fun, kitten kissed tiger on the nose. then it was naptime as they piled on the bed.that much exertion calls for a not-quite-spring nap! i'm not sure if i have said so on this thread, but my neighbor is sharing her crocuses with me this year and the miniature narcisses are showing yellow on their buds. the lily of the valley has foliage up as do the hyacinths and tulips and the full size jonquils and daffodils. don't know if it will be a full show for easter since it's so early this year, but they are trying!!
    Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 AM

Wow! Where has this month gone so far??!! I have several projects on the drawing board and fabrics need choosing today for another oddball hair brained idea that is coming to the fore. Hopefully in a few days I will have a new one up.

Now what are the rest of you up to? This thread is only really useful if you get in here and try something.

For me the trick is to discipline myself to just try a variety of small arty projects rather than winding up my energy to do my usual grandiose, complex, time consuming 'major masterpieces'. The 'masterpieces' all take great time and thought and often in the end never get done! Getting something small (18" or less for me) on the design wall that is just one or two new techniques or thought expressions seems hard for me to do. And yet productivity and facility when I get to the big projects is so much better if I have 'practiced' with a variety of smaller 'don't have to be perfect' pieces. Ahh! the things I have to keep relearning!

Anyway, let's see some more work on here!
    Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 AM

I havent had time to be creative this time. I did finish a small pineapple throw. I had so many small 1 inch strips I had to use some of them. My camera batteries are dead. !!!! Will try to post it later. I love the bunny and the the KF fabric.
    Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Here's my March challenge. I've had it in my brain for a long time. Not finished yet, but I'm excited about the quilting. I'll add more quilting to the "red" area, thread lace trees (they're pinned in place but I think it needs more) and Tyvek rocks. The white stuff around the trees is watersoluble stableizer that's not been removed yet. [ATTACH=CONFIG]402607[/ATTACH]I'd like some critique. What stregnths and weaknesses to you see and why? Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails fb-trees.jpg  

Last edited by petthefabric; 03-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 PM

right now i have nothing but admiration ! is the vertical red going to be part of your binding or is it a partial border? i'd like to suggest doing your binding to match the colors, ie light green binding on light green top and bottom. then match the side binding to the side fabric. it takes a little planning but it really looks cool!
    Old 03-18-2013, 05:54 PM

The verticle red is the back folded to the front so I wouldn't catch it on the back while quilting. Thanks for the suggestions re binding. I like your ideas.