Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >
  • Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

• Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-28-2023, 12:58 PM

Oh! Another clue tomorrow! I’m not ready! Still got 3/4 of #4 and all of 5. Haven’t even decided on focus fabric.

and last night was a repeat of so many others; sleep 2-3 hours then awake for???. Trying to get back. Then missing today’s plan while I sleep. Ice Blossom, totally empathize.

I need exercise or tonight will be a repeat.

Old 12-28-2023, 01:59 PM

img_0240.jpegThis shows my fabrics and the possible focus fabric
    Old 12-28-2023, 02:22 PM

Pet - that's a nice focus fabric. Make sure those moons and wave show up at 3.5 inches...and then it gets smaller with the snowball.

My focus fabric doesn't look like anything to anyone on the outside - but I know. It's the remnant of the batik that my sister used when making Hawaiian shirts for all the boys. My son has outgrown the shirt - so I would.love for this to be part of this special quilt.

Would love to hear anyone else if they have emotional reasons for their focus fabric (I can't resist a good "love story")
    Old 12-28-2023, 02:26 PM

img_0241.jpegHere’s some options
    Old 12-28-2023, 03:52 PM

Pet -- what fun, we have the same fabric! I call it "batik tire treads".

I got Clue 5 done, a trip to costco done, and a nap, has been a great day and now I can just smile and say "let it snow" tomorrow (if needed).
    Attached Thumbnails clue-5-1-.jpg  
    Old 12-28-2023, 05:22 PM

Clue 4 has been started and I'm about half way done. Started to cut out clue 5 today. My focus fabric is a ikat kasuri that my hubby brought home for me while on one of his work trips to Japan. Not sure if it will be big enough but I'll cut out what I can.
    Old 12-28-2023, 06:20 PM

There's no back story to my focus fabric. I had picked out some navies with lots of white, sort of mimicking Bonnie's embroidered fabric, but saw that they wouldn't work surrounded by my busy neutral. So I just kept trying different fabrics until I found one I thought was satisfactory. It's a medium blue (darker than the lights but lighter than the indigos) with a small print in navy and red.
    Old 12-29-2023, 05:44 AM

And here we are with Part 6 -- sort of a repeat on a previous step but different fabric placements.

https://quiltville.com/pdf/Indigo_Way_Six.pdf

No focus fabric for me. Just the same Darks I've been using... I do have some various stories about some of the bits of fabrics I've put in and used up. Not much in the way of stories but that they were scraps from quilts that were for people important to me.

PS -- it did snow last night, just a light dusting that may not last the day. We are going to be in the 30s all week.
    Old 12-29-2023, 06:17 AM

This will be fun, I love working with red fabric! It's funny about colors, I have to force myself to buy purples for my stash, they rarely "speak" to me. And one time I made a quilt with mostly green shades, and really struggled with it as looking at nothing but a lot of greens wasn't bringing me a lot of joy. This might be one reason I love making scrappy quilts, I love looking at the colors as I sew. I'm also not a big Blue fan, and I struggled participating in swaps as most people go towards the blues. The first RR I did, my center had very little blue, but by the time the rounds were done, everyone else went to the blue and I ended up with a predominately blue quilt. The next time I specified I didn't want a lot of blue, and ended up with a mostly purple quilt . . . Both quilts had no trouble finding homes so even if I'm not a fan of specific colors, others sure are! It's one reason I don't sweat if I personally like the colors of a quilt as long as they look good together. Most of my quilts get chosen by the recipient, I rarely have someone in mind when I make them.
    Old 12-29-2023, 06:34 AM

well, I was hoping it would not be the reveal this week and I got my wish....but...but...but..will I be able to catch up? I don't think so. I still have clues 2, 3, and 4 to stitch together (at least they are cut out) and am about a 1/3 of the way through stitching up clue 5. I have to go now! Firing up my machine to get 5 done!