Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >
  • Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

• Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-04-2016, 01:48 PM

I just love all the beautiful blocks, everyone! I hope to have mine finished soon. I have all the right triangles sewn together to the neutral; just need to iron them and then sew on the left triangles.
    Old 12-04-2016, 01:48 PM

Everyone's blocks are so pretty. I have the magenta blocks all sewn but I need to trim them up some. Not sure all of them are the correct size but I think I can make them work. They will only be "off" a little bit hopefully. I am hosting a Christmas cookie exchange next Sunday afternoon so I have plenty to keep me busy this week in addition to babysitting my 3 yr old grandson. Glad I got the blocks sewn. I fused some Christmas theme appliqué shapes down on ecru linen blocks this afternoon for coasters. I will get them quilted or sewn in place this week while sitting at school waiting for grandson's dismissal. Gives me lots of time for sewing. Hope you all have a great week. Looking forward already to this week's clue. How about y'all?
    Old 12-04-2016, 02:10 PM

@givio: LOL. Actually, I started orca bay this time last year and let it sit. I finished step 1 last week, working on step 2 this week. Netflix is getting a good workout.
    Old 12-04-2016, 02:20 PM

I had them finished on Friday night, but Fraew has encouraged me to get the camera out. :-)
    I figure if I don't like the 'reveal', then I'll made stars with the triangle units. I love that shape star in a 9-patch. With my half count, I'd have 12 stars.
    Attached Thumbnails clue-2a.jpg  
    Old 12-04-2016, 02:51 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563183[/ATTACH]
    Well, 14+ squares later, cardboard templates, 1 trip to town for real templates, real template directions should be followed not Bonnie's, (thanks to a blog video to tell me all templates are not equal) , I've made 2 in a row that look similar & measure at 3 1/2"! Yeah! The first twelve were 12 different sizes, I kept adjusting my templates, rereading the instructions, just waiting for the certificate to be delivered that said I lost my mind & they couldn't find it! I bought Wonder Triangles templates and they do not work the same as Bonnie's do! Boo to Wonder Triangle templates for minimal instructions for those of us who are minimally informed. Thanks and a hat tip to Intrepid Meredith and her blog for setting me straight. I think I can now begin chain piecing! Glad I went yesterday, getting an inch of snow or more today. I don't do snow.
    Attached Thumbnails img_1879.jpg  
    Old 12-04-2016, 03:02 PM

I'm done with clue two. [ATTACH=CONFIG]563189[/ATTACH] and for fun [ATTACH=CONFIG]563190[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails f.jpg   fr.jpg  
    Old 12-04-2016, 03:41 PM

Wow, those are lovely, Pagzz!
    GramE, I am glad you found a method that works! I made my templates out of super fine sandpaper, and that worked okay for me. But I do hope that we don't need to use these templates again in this quilt
    Old 12-04-2016, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Wow, those are lovely, Pagzz!
    GramE, I am glad you found a method that works! I made my templates out of super fine sandpaper, and that worked okay for me. But I do hope that we don't need to use these templates again in this quilt
    As a rule, I normally save the cardboard from fat quarters or precuts and I save cereal box cardboard, but what I printed from Bonnie's blog just wasn't working for me yesterday. I'll have to try & remember the sandpaper.
    Old 12-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Great sets everyone, they all look good. GramE glad you got it figured out.
    Old 12-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Everyone's triangle blocks look great!!! Amazon came through and delivered my Tri Rec ruler set this afternoon so i dropped everything and gave it a try! Here are my first six units. They came out pretty close, just needed to do a very light trim. Let me know if they don't look right--never made this shape before. I did decide to go with a brighter magenta than my original choice, but planning to stick with the rest of the colors for now!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]563194[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg