Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >
  • Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

• Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 PM

For those of you interested in 'Double Delight', or any others of you in the know!, could you give me an explanation of what 'double pinks' means?
    Old 12-05-2016, 05:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio
    For those of you interested in 'Double Delight', or any others of you in the know!, could you give me an explanation of what 'double pinks' means?
    My best guess would be pink on pink... the same way we have white on whites (WOW). Are you making that one too?
    Old 12-05-2016, 05:17 PM

I wondered if 'double pink' might have something to do with Civil War type fabrics?
    I like the color combination in the posted pictures of the Double Delight. I've looked around for 'cheddar' and don't seem to find any fabric that I think fits the bill on that either. Just curious.
    ...I've never seen any pink on pink...
    The rose and mauves from the 70's and 80's I've seen a lot of. Cranston made a lot of 'dusty' pinks and blues.
    Old 12-05-2016, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by SooBDo
    Hi, my name's Sue, and I'm addicted to rulers. I went in search of Deb Tucker's ruler, but couldn't find it. However, I did find a Triangle in a Square ruler set by Eleanor Burns. Can you point me in the right direction? I do have Tri Recs, but still, if there's another ruler out there...! Thank you!
    The Deb Tucker ruler is called the V Block Trimmer.
    Old 12-05-2016, 06:33 PM

@givio: Double pinks and cheddar often refer to civil war type fabrics. As someone said, they are pink on pink and orange/yellow prints. ShariR and I frequently used these prints if you want some resources. In fact, she is using CW prints for this mystery.
    Old 12-05-2016, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by givio
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]563246[/ATTACH]
    These are mine saved for the Double Delight. I bought them at a quilt shop going out of business in their reproductions section. I think they are double pinks but when I asked a clerk she didn't know. It's what I think they are anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
    Old 12-05-2016, 07:55 PM

I asked about 'double pink' on the Quiltville board when I was looking into Double Delight. One person said it was a reference to a certain type of pink associated with earlier eras, another said bubblegum pink, and another said to think Pepto Bismol. I think the most illuminating thing was to look at Bonnie's fabric selections and her descriptions of what sorts of fabrics to pick.
    Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 PM

Everyone is working so hard on the clues and the photos being posted are great. I especially like seeing the alternate color choices some are using and all the different neutrals that are out there.

I was finally able to start working on Clue #2 today. Checked the drawer where I store my smaller Studio dies and I had the correct size die set for this clue. Love it when that happens. All 100 units are cut, sewn, pressed and ready to go into the quilt. Wasn't able to take a photo because my phone died (must not have charged it recently) so I will post a photo tomorrow.
    Old 12-05-2016, 08:26 PM

joe'smom - Yes, I remember the reference to bubblegum pink and Pepto Bismol as well. It is a darker pink color, not pale pink.
    Old 12-06-2016, 05:37 AM

Thanks, girls, for the explanations you've given. 'A picture is worth a thousand words' -- thanks, Bluebonnets. I have a feeling that double pinks are the type of fabric I'll have to shop somewhere specific for, and when I'm ready to buy fabric that's not on sale. :-) Fraew, thanks for your offer of resources. I'll put the idea on the back burner for now.

Last edited by givio; 12-06-2016 at 05:40 AM.