Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

• Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 12-18-2022, 11:53 AM

Thank you all for posting the glorious photos. They are certainly lifting my spirits as I wait to see how long it will be before I can wander down to my sewing machine. I assume another 10 days at least, but I’ll know more tomorrow at the post-op follow up.
    Old 12-18-2022, 09:57 PM

Got #4 cut. Opps , think I’ll check that.
    Old 12-19-2022, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK
    As I am working along on clue 3, I realized that some of my fabrics are a little small to make a complete set in this clue because I used them in earlier clues. I wonder if Bonnie might organize her clues in such a way so when sets are to be made, they are given first? ( I call her Bonnie because while taking a class from her once, she commented how funny it was that people usually referred to her as Bonnie Hunter, not just Bonnie!)
    I wouldn't ask, while a wonderful wonderful person, she is techy about anything perceived as criticism.
    In this year's case, for me, I didn't have enough Orange/mypink to do clue four as listed. I only have 3 pinks, not 8; and in order to get 16 sets of 8 I had to piece my fabric to get 8 sets of 8 from two fabrics. the remaining loose pieces will be from the 3rd pink. It will be beautiful. Or striking. Or interesting
    She has said in several responses we are finished with the orange.
    Old 12-19-2022, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by woodland creature
    . I assume another 10 days at least, but I’ll know more tomorrow at the post-op follow up.
    No rush, let your body heal. I had a 1/3of my lung removed in September, the second time around for that, and only this month am really beginning to feel good. hugs and here is to healthy healing!
    Old 12-19-2022, 11:03 AM

All of the pieces of orange are cut. Mine is not scrappy. There wasn’t enough fabric, so I fudged. The 90’ angle is cut 1/8” short to get enough pieces. The leftover orange fabric is maybe 8 small scraps and a couple of pieces are scraps sewn together. When the pattern is published it would be good to increase the amount of orange required.

This clue is 100% cut and ~50% sewn. Easily finish today. Last week’s is the longest so far.
    Old 12-19-2022, 11:25 AM

I'm stuck in a nightmare. Ever since being ill, my sleep schedule is topsy-turvy. I lie awake all night and doze during the day. Does anyone have advice on how to get things straight? Should I just go with the flow?

I've been working slowly on clue 3, with 2 as leader/ender. Now about 1/2 way done with 3.
    Old 12-19-2022, 11:46 AM

My advice? If you are retired, just go with the flow, one of my friends told me that one of her friends who was a quilter would wake up around 2 AM every night and could not get to sleep. So, she just started calling 2 AM the "quilting hour" and would get up and quilt until till tired and go back to sleep after that. I used to have a hard time falling asleep after waking up during the night and then getting back to sleep. I would lay there worrying about that and wondering how work would go as I wasn't getting sleep. Anyway, I stopped worrying it when I woke after I retired. I could always then catch a nap during the day. I occasionally will not be able to get to sleep now but I don't worry about it and I got a new really comfy recliner and have been known to get some cat napping in now during the day.
    Old 12-19-2022, 01:04 PM

Joesmom, I exist on very little sleep so evenings I’m up late and jump up early in the mornings. Maybe, to get back on track, stay up later so you can sleep thru the night…otherwise, just go with the flow. No use trying to fix while you are laid up with illness. Nothing is normal when sick. Hopefully, you are on the downhill side of this and will be good to go for Christmas Day.

I’m baking away here…holiday music blasting….one last small sewing project for our friends who will be here for Christmas but, other then that..I’m ready!
    Old 12-19-2022, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric
    All of the pieces of orange are cut. Mine is not scrappy. There wasn’t enough fabric, so I fudged. The 90’ angle is cut 1/8” short to get enough pieces. The leftover orange fabric is maybe 8 small scraps and a couple of pieces are scraps sewn together. When the pattern is published it would be good to increase the amount of orange required.

This clue is 100% cut and ~50% sewn. Easily finish today. Last week’s is the longest so far.
    Right on, petthefabric! This clue is just mindless sewing once everything is cut. I just used one fabric that I had 4/yds for the “orange” but still going to mark pattern to increase for scrappy. I’ll have a lot left over so I may make some matching pillows…
    Old 12-19-2022, 01:42 PM

Ta Da; part 4 finished.
    8fdb3746-a07a-4eac-ae07-55403e4204c6.jpeg