Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

• Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 12-24-2022, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    I have to admit to being a bit disappointed with my blocks -- they're so murky! I think this is because my QST oranges aren't bright enough to really stand out against the black. But, I wanted to know what it was like to do a black background, so I'll find something to appreciate about this. The black definitely brings out the jewel-tone aspect of the colors.
    See if a lighter sashing pleases you more?

I'm not sashing mine yet, I may need that space larger to make the quilt bigger, depending on what she does with the rest of the design. But the neutral is the one fabric I have more than plenty of. I've had to piece in order to get enough of my lime and pink. Seat of the pants quilt indeed
    Old 12-24-2022, 02:00 PM

Janice McC, I will post photos when I have something sewn together. Right now I'm still finishing up clues 3 and 4!
    Old 12-25-2022, 08:59 AM

joe'smom. in the middle of the night I wondered why I hadn't seen anyone on the fbgroups show the block reversed. So I tried it, it's very cute and might make a difference in how your sashing looks. Also consider just changing out the sashing colors It's your quilt.

I'm waiting till we see more before I add mine, so all caught up and back to BitCoin.
    and another thought...we could make a tiny snowball on those lime/aqua squares...
    Attached Thumbnails mystery.jpg  
    Old 12-25-2022, 09:04 AM

I note on Bonnie's fb group she posted reminders today, I'd forgotten about the one "please don't say you have 400 of 1000 done". That's kind of how I mark time but I'll try to remember.
    Old 12-25-2022, 10:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts
    I note on Bonnie's fb group she posted reminders today, I'd forgotten about the one "please don't say you have 400 of 1000 done". That's kind of how I mark time but I'll try to remember.
    Hmmm, wonder why not? What difference could that possibly make?
    Old 12-25-2022, 11:11 AM

I've never understood that either Sewbizgirl. I know in the past there has been problems with people reposting for a group and clues getting messed up and Bonnie has been blamed. But I haven't understood the secrecy factor unless well intentioned people accidentally throw others off and Bonnie has to clean it up. Maybe?
    Old 12-25-2022, 11:33 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by toverly
    But I haven't understood the secrecy factor unless well intentioned people accidentally throw others off and Bonnie has to clean it up. Maybe?
    In order to avoid that, no one would be able to say anything, LOL.
    Old 12-25-2022, 03:12 PM

Kalama, thank you for sharing your design wall musings!

Regarding Bonnie, I think it is simply that she doesn't want any tidbit of info about the mystery appearing anywhere in the universe other than her blog. She wants to be the one and only source on her mystery. I can't really fault her for that, it is her creation. However, when she first made it plain that was her goal, I thought, 'Good luck with that.' I think it's pretty remarkable that she's been able to maintain control to the extent she has, given the nature of the internet.
    Old 12-25-2022, 03:47 PM

Kalama..…really pretty! Loving the colors..

Bonnie sells her patterns at the end of mysteries so I’m sure that has a lot to do with it. Revealing unit amounts plus the pictures people post…any quilter worth her savvy could recreate quilt without pattern even without measurements. I get the reasoning behind her request and will honor it…she spends so much time writing her instructions for each clue…simple enough request.

I have half of clue 5 blocks completed. Should be done this week…

Hoping everyone enjoyed their Christmas celebration. I’m stuffed and my face hurts from laughing so we had a wonderful day!
    Old 12-25-2022, 05:39 PM

Good explanation, Teen. I don't know why people have such a hard time following simple requests for something that is a lot of work for Bonnie. She does this as a gift to all of us, and I really appreciate it.

Leslie