• Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

• Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 12-26-2022, 04:08 AM

Spam reported
    Old 12-26-2022, 06:48 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Originally Posted by audsgirl
    Good explanation, Teen. I don't know why people have such a hard time following simple requests for something that is a lot of work for Bonnie. She does this as a gift to all of us, and I really appreciate it.

Leslie
    I totally agree with you both! Truly, I think those on QB just do it accidentally but unfortunately there are those who enjoy the challenge of figuring it out.
    Ms. Hunter makes her living through her blog, web site and pattern sales among other ways, so she has to expect us to honor her requests. I think she uses us as testers for her Mystery Quilts and I,for one, am pleased to do so!
    Old 12-26-2022, 07:59 AM

I've finished clue 3! Clue 4 well underway and shouldn't take long. Then I can start putting blocks together.

My mind is churning with ideas about the rest of the pieces. Anyone who wants to discuss it is welcome to PM me. Or, I was wondering, what would you think about starting an ancillary Bonnie Hunter mystery speculation thread for those who enjoy talking about it? That would eliminate the problem of people who want to avoid speculations stumbling over such posts. Just a thought.
    Old 12-26-2022, 09:31 AM

Mom, thinking about it. What are the risks of someone stealing it?
    Old 12-26-2022, 11:46 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    . Or, I was wondering, what would you think about starting an ancillary Bonnie Hunter mystery speculation thread for those who enjoy talking about it? That would eliminate the problem of people who want to avoid speculations stumbling over such posts. Just a thought.
    I thought that was part of the purpose of this thread, sharing our progress and guesses. You know, all the fun of doing a mystery.

Old 12-26-2022, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I thought that was part of the purpose of this thread, sharing our progress and guesses. You know, all the fun of doing a mystery.
    I agree!!! In 13 years of doing Bonnie's Mysteries I have never seen one that was correct!!! LOL I get a chuckle out of seeing the "guesses"!! That to me is part of the fun!
    Old 12-26-2022, 01:37 PM

I’m all for guessing on this thread….here is my guess….I’m thinking that clue 5 block is the center of a larger star burst using the HST’s and clue 1 & 2 bits…lol…. That would be a cool look, I think..
    Old 12-26-2022, 01:47 PM

Here's my Halloween colors, using black for neutral and lime green for aqua. Trying to use up some black solid I have had for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  
    Old 12-26-2022, 02:10 PM

I finally have a little something to share. I only started today and launched straight into making the hourglass units. I made gazillion for Bear Branch so these were simple. In my pic, the units aren’t sewn together and part 1 4-patches aren’t done yet. That’s for tomorrow. The light will be a constant but the rest will be scrappy, or semi-scrappy as I need to still get more batik F8s or F4s. Although I’m not happy with the variety, I just couldn’t wait to begin a block once I saw it. The LQS recommended the white with swirls when I was leaning to a more solid piece. They were right. I’m very happy with it.

I'm going to take my time and enjoy it as I’m very pleased with the mystery so far.
    Attached Thumbnails 6a9f295c-27f3-4147-ab8e-25e2e8dadf31.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-26-2022 at 02:13 PM.
    Old 12-26-2022, 03:20 PM

Very pretty Toverly and Janice!