Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >
  • Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

• Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 01-13-2023, 02:45 AM

Wonderful quilts y'all! I am working on extra blocks for the center. I made half of the units and now am making another row for a rectangular quilt. This one I totally want to redo in yardage. Most of them, I happily create only one, this one speaks to me.
    Old 01-13-2023, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by toverly
    Wonderful quilts y'all! I am working on extra blocks for the center. I made half of the units and now am making another row for a rectangular quilt. This one I totally want to redo in yardage. Most of them, I happily create only one, this one speaks to me.
    Speaks to me too. Since I wrote all over the instructions, going to print another set.
    Old 01-14-2023, 09:19 AM

I decided to put my borders together first. Might finish those today, then on to joining my sashing pieces with their matching QSTs.
    Old 01-14-2023, 09:51 AM

I’m back at it today. I decided to just go back to everything that is missing, more or less in order. Thus, I am back working on Clue 2 (which is now completely cut out). If I can keep at it, I may have a finished top by February.
    Old 01-14-2023, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    I decided to put my borders together first. Might finish those today, then on to joining my sashing pieces with their matching QSTs.
    Just a suggestion….stay stitch the outside border before attaching to quilt. Soooo much easier.
    Old 01-14-2023, 12:50 PM

Thank you, Teen!
    Old 01-16-2023, 07:33 AM

I am slugging along on this too. Working on Clue 5, still have clue 2 to finish. Hopefully by spring, I will be done. I have such unrealistic expectations as to how long it will take to complete a clue. Wow, those folks who are done and quilted and bound can really stitch! Or maybe they don't have a little dog who always wants attention?
    Old 01-16-2023, 02:34 PM

Even though I am making only half the blocks, I'm still just plodding along. I did expect a spring finish because that is how long the other mysteries have taken me. Not alot of sewing time either, I'll say my golden doodle requires my attention, too. She does but I may just be slow! Had to go back and make a few more pieces from clue one this afternoon. Glad to know I;m not alone!
    Old 01-16-2023, 04:38 PM

Sewingpup and Suern3: I can totally relate. I too am plodding along and can blame some of it on needing to give my dog lots of attention. Yesterday, I finally finished a clue! Clue 2 is done and I am now plodding through Clue 3. Clue 1 is my leader/ender for the other clues. But at least I am moving forward. I think this is like running where Did Not Finish is still better than Did Not Start.
    Old 01-16-2023, 05:01 PM

I'm another slow poke. It doesn't really bother me. I think some people are just set at a slower speed, and some at a faster speed. My father once said that I had three speeds . . . slow, slower, and slowest.