Fabric Moratorium 2024

Old 08-11-2024, 04:49 PM

@WMUTeach that is an amazing volume, you are a prolific quilter! the big thing that made me realize I had to stop buying was how slow I am to finish things. At 50 yards a year I could burn through this stash I’ve accumulated a heck of a lot faster lol. Great job turning fabric on the shelf into donations of love.
Old 08-11-2024, 05:21 PM

Well of course the first one I finish for my mini wall hangings is not the first one I started, because even on mini projects I can’t work in a linear first in first out fashion. But here it is.
Attached Thumbnails img_4111.jpeg  
Old 08-12-2024, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingPandaBear
Well of course the first one I finish for my mini wall hangings is not the first one I started, because even on mini projects I can’t work in a linear first in first out fashion..
Oh this is so true. I have pieces I have started years ago. Often I will be in the middle of a project and I yell "SQUIRREL" and away I go on another fascinating pattern and what do you know I finish squirrel chasing before the others that I have started. For me, I need to be intrigued with the project to progress from start to finish without any "squirrels" distracting me. I am sewing today and trying desperately to focus and not be distracted by those charming furry nut lov'in squirrels.
Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM

I'm happy to say I still haven't bought any fabric to ad to my stash and even used quite a bit of my stash for a quilt by Elizabeth Hartman. Her dinosaur pattern called for 36 fat quarters but since I was using my stash I went thru my fat quarters first, then my large scrap pile, then finally yardage. Her pattern wastes so much fabric in my opinion but again I did use larger pieces than just fat quarters too so I made use of the larger scraps for the binding, I stitched up all the cutoffs into HST and will be using them on the sides to widen it a bit as this will go on a toddler's bed. I made the larger size quilt.

I also finally finished a flimsey that's been up on the design wall, again using only from my stash. Just needed to add the 2 sashings and border, the binding is already made so that's ready to be quilted. It was only on the design wall for 3 years. Lost my mojo but since working on the dino blocks, I think I've got it back. Have a quilt on the frame that's been sitting there 2/3s finished since April 2023 so maybe I'll get up the nerve to finish it too. Have 7 other quilt tops waiting to be quilted so I've got my winter planned, now if only I can make my goal of finishing them so I can start more quilt patterns sitting in the back of my brain.