Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >
  • Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

• Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 07-09-2018, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the compliments Judith. I wasn't sure but now its hanging on the designwall with the other blocks and you're right, it blends right in. Even the colours are ok
    Old 07-09-2018, 07:49 AM

Thank you, ladies.

Anael....I like your GTSB blocks and fabric choices...honest. And I plan on appliquing Square Daisy too. As a matter of fact, that's on my agenda today to do that block. it works out anyway with the trapunto method. I need poofy in that section. I love the pink replacement block. The garden path block was a pain in the patooty for me. It got easier with each block but still, ugh! I get why she used this block with this being a garden quilt but no one will know the name of the block anyway unless you are a quilter...even then, who cares? Lol...

Joann's is having a one sale today. FQ's are 70 cents. Jus saying....lol...
    Old 07-09-2018, 07:56 AM

We don't have Joann's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Teen
    Thank you, ladies.

Anael....I like your GTSB blocks and fabric choices...honest. And I plan on appliquing Square Daisy too. As a matter of fact, that's on my agenda today to do that block. it works out anyway with the trapunto method. I need poofy in that section. I love the pink replacement block. The garden path block was a pain in the patooty for me. It got easier with each block but still, ugh! I get why she used this block with this being a garden quilt but no one will know the name of the block anyway unless you are a quilter...even then, who cares? Lol...

Joann's is having a one sale today. FQ's are 70 cents. Jus saying....lol...
    Thanks Teen. I wasn't sure about the colours and fabrics but I'm getting used to them
    I thought the replacement block should be somewhat like the garden path and I think it is but a lot easier. It's pp
    I wouldn't have known the name of the block, really. Did you?
    I'm not doing any trapunto so I don't need poofy. I'm poofy myself, that's enough poof!!
    Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 AM

Judith....her books are costly and since it may be awhile before you start yours, your decision makes sense and grandbabies smiles are more important. Just so you know, the Happy Flowers pattern book is in my Amazon shopping cart right now. I have't clicked the "purchase" button yet. Lol... I, also, have a another pattern book called Animal Attraction in the shopping cart. Have you seen this book? Farm and safari animals that are so darn cute. I'm trying to not be ridiculous in pattern purchases but I'm weak. I think I'm being very disciplined but I know they are just sitting there waiting for me. Lol... Lordy.. I need to stop surfing.

We are having a family reunion (our first) next year in Alabama and I am making a quilt to give as a prize. I thought about making a family tree that everyone can sign a leaf and then I saw Lori Holt's Family Reunion applique quilt. It's a darling pattern. I'm still undecided on what to make yet. I may just give my GTSB quilt. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Old 07-09-2018, 08:01 AM

What about My Small World with pictures of family members?
    Old 07-09-2018, 08:05 AM

Anael...No, I had no clue it was called the Garden Path block until I Started working on it. I don't recall this being a block in SBS but I have 140 other blocks to choose from...lol! I was going to chose something similar, too, so great minds think alike. I love the PP pattern you chose.

I'm trying to avoid picture quilts. That would be a hard and frustrating undertaking. My family is huge and I don't want to take a year to make it so I'm trying to stay realistic with my time and still make a memorable and lovely quilt. My Small World quilt is one on my bucket list for later. It would certainly be cute to do it with your suggestion, tho.

Last edited by Teen; 07-09-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    Old 07-09-2018, 08:36 AM

70 cents, seriously.....No, I do not need anymore fabric. I just mailed off a stack of bills. So, I think I can manage with just what I recently bought. I had put aside $100 for fabric and, I have now spent it all. So, I will just stick with what I have for now. But, that is a great price.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-26-2018 at 02:43 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM

Teen, I just checked out the book "Animal Attraction". It looks darling. But, will hold off for now. I just participated in the Farm Animal block swap here on the board. I will wait to see what blocks I receive back. I found lots of cute animal blocks and more in the Quiltmaker's 1000 blocks book. It is my go to book for 12.5 inch patterns. Which can be sized up or down with a little work. I think Kaylynn and Emmalee will both enjoy the quilt. I am trying to make it very tactile in the fabrics I'm using.
    Old 07-09-2018, 08:52 AM

Judith, you are one determined woman!!!!! I really admire you!