Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery >
  • Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

• Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Old 12-27-2020, 09:57 AM

Default Two cut

Hi al, I promised pics of my quilts of valor fabric choices. I’m hoping to incorporate the embroidered eagle in one so I’ll take Sewbizgirls decision to wait and see for one of them. Here’s my fabric choices for the two quilts. Now on to designing my round robin center :-) hugs all!
    Attached Thumbnails cc925069-168b-4926-a513-5f90c1943878.jpeg   2e4e8c84-1b84-40d1-afb4-26df7b8cb683.jpeg   9f4fbba2-e35e-4899-b9a9-551d3b1f8933.jpeg  
    Old 12-27-2020, 10:21 AM

Teen, what sweet units! They look like candy.

sewingpup, no need to panic. Your plan sounds good. I am also knee deep in the BH mystery, and plodding through clue 5 (I actually think we might get the reveal on Friday).

Rebaquilts, your QOV fabrics look great!

I've decided to take the path of least resistance and use the squares I've already cut for clue 2. Hopefully they will not be too blah. I checked the value contrast in greyscale and it looks good enough.
    Old 12-27-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Watson
    After sewing Clue 2 and looking at all I've cut I must say that this years NYD Mystery looks a lot more ambitious than past years! I guess we will see how it comes together. Past years I've been able to keep up. This year I'll have to put on my running shoes.

Watson
    I'm confident you’ll do just fine... it’s a smaller quilt than last year. We’re in this together. 😝
    Old 12-28-2020, 04:34 AM

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Everyone's fabric choices are so pretty! I can't wait to see how they all turn out. I'm running a bit behind because my mom is visiting but will be checking in on New Year's to see how everyone else is coming along. I think my favorite part is seeing all the different choices come together.
    Old 12-28-2020, 07:31 AM
    Power Poster

I haven't touched my cut pieces yet. When I get home today I'm going to put all my sewing stuff back out and resume with Clue 2. Just HSTs, so it shouldn't take long.

Christmas was wonderful, but I'm exhausted from hosting my 2yo GD, and feeding everyone. Only one guest remains and he is going home this morning. The house will be so quiet!
    Old 12-28-2020, 02:05 PM

Leah...sounds like you are enjoying mama’s visit...so happy for you. You’ll catch up..

sewbiz...
    awww you had your granddaughter....can’t believe she is two already. Geesh. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas..

I took down Christmas over the weekend so no more twinkle lights. Worked on bookkeeping to close out 2020.....back to sewing room for a bit today. Super foggy and icy outside....still lots of snow. Trees are pure white with the frost. Looks so cool. Hope everyone is having a lovely start to a new week... just a few days away for sewing madness...woohoo!
    Old 12-28-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
    Hi al, I promised pics of my quilts of valor fabric choices. I’m hoping to incorporate the embroidered eagle in one so I’ll take Sewbizgirls decision to wait and see for one of them. Here’s my fabric choices for the two quilts. Now on to designing my round robin center :-) hugs all!
    Reba....I’m liking your choices for QOV... I should have done that theme, too. I’m keeping clues so will see how this ends up for a future QOV.
    Old 12-29-2020, 09:14 AM
    Power Poster

Can't wait for the "sewing madness", Teen! I'll be out of town but will be looking for everyone's pictures.

I gave my daughter a new portable Juki machine and she took to it like a duck to water. It was fun teaching her how to use the machine. Sent her home with a bunch of fabric, thread and scraps to play with.

Here is a Christmas pic of my little Ivy. It's blurry because she is never still!
    Attached Thumbnails img_0742.jpg  
    Old 12-29-2020, 10:33 AM

Oh, my goodness. What a little princess!
    Old 12-29-2020, 11:55 AM

sewbiz.....Ivy!!!! OMGosh....just adorable....so so cute. and, her little dress is precious on her. Very blessed! Keep safe in your travels this New Years....will miss you during the madness...

Got a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup simmering. Chilly 24f degrees today....frost everywhere.. it is a winter wonderland...and, received a package of yardage so I can finish my King quilt....so, off to sew! Blessings!