Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery >
  • Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

• Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Old 12-30-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sharongn
    Sewbizgirl, I had to work today and again tomorrow but I hope to get caught up tomorrow night. If not, I will start early Friday and hope that is good enough. Yikes... I've got my work cut out for me. Lol

macybaby, I hope you join in! The more the merrier!

Teen, I won a Honey Baked ham right before Christmas and made stick with the ham bone with plans to make red beans and rice and ham and potato soup. The red beans and rice came out great and I hope the soup comes out good, like yours did. My plans are to make it this weekend sometime. Wish me luck. 😯
    Good Luck! I love Honey Baked Hams... sounds really nummy!
    Old 12-30-2020, 06:34 PM

I hate to wimp out on you lovely ladies, but the way my back is behaving, I don't see myself piecing hour by hour on Friday. But if I can't participate in the mayhem, I will still download the clues and stop in to see what you all are doing! I'm struggling to keep up with the leisurely pace of the BH mystery and haven't sewn my Mayhem HSTs yet.
    Old 12-30-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    I hate to wimp out on you lovely ladies, but the way my back is behaving, I don't see myself piecing hour by hour on Friday. But if I can't participate in the mayhem, I will still download the clues and stop in to see what you all are doing! I'm struggling to keep up with the leisurely pace of the BH mystery and haven't sewn my Mayhem HSTs yet.
    Aw, I hope you feel better soon! Part of the fun is seeing everyone else's quilts taking shape bit-by-bit so at least you'll have that to look forward to.
    Old 12-31-2020, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sharongn
    Sewbizgirl, I had to work today and again tomorrow but I hope to get caught up tomorrow night. If not, I will start early Friday and hope that is good enough. Yikes... I've got my work cut out for me.

Teen, I won a Honey Baked ham right before Christmas and made stock with the ham bone with plans to make red beans and rice and ham and potato soup. The red beans and rice came out great and I hope the soup comes out good, like yours did. My plans are to make it this weekend sometime. Wish me luck!
    I'm very excited ! My first mystery quilt. 😯
    I have a delicious recipe for ham, white bean and kale soup if you’d be interested...it calls for cannellini beans which are difficult to find at my grocery store so I get them out of the bulk bin at the food co-op.

joe’s mom, I hope you will find some comfort with your back in the days ahead. I’m sure that is frustrating especially when it impedes your sewing.

Last edited by jmoore; 12-31-2020 at 04:17 AM.
    Old 12-31-2020, 04:33 AM

Spent time in my stash digging around. I found two fabrics that would be perfect, reds/gold Asian theme. So I started digging in my tote of Asian fabric and discovered I had a coordinating panel in the same line. I know I didn't buy them together, but they are together now so I had to start looking for other fabric.

Found this - but now I'm struggling with what would be a complement color to use. The other issue is that with the light background, it's not working to pick fabrics that go with the background, so I'll go another route.

Here is the fabric, and others I've pulled to consider - now I have to go to work for 4 hours before I can get back to playing in my stash!

I'm considering the center print for the "accent" but not sure yet. I know it may not be a real "pop" of color, but to tell the truth, often that looks out of place to me. But yet I do want something that will stand out, but not look out of place. Might be time to pull out my color wheel and see what it suggests.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5239.jpg   imgp5238.jpg  
    Old 12-31-2020, 07:13 AM

Default Cutting fabrics

Are the cutting instructions final or will there be more cutting as the day progresses?
    Old 12-31-2020, 08:47 AM

Macybaby....looks great. My background was black so I chose a random colour from my print to complement.

Deb...I have done it the last three years and we didn't have to before but I have a feeling we may have to cut something else from the large print fabric this time. I have quite a bit of it left.Not sure,though.

Watson
    Old 12-31-2020, 09:28 AM

Thank you Watson. I had better colors but a little shy on amount of some.
    Old 12-31-2020, 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=jmoore;8447933]I have a delicious recipe for ham, white bean and kale soup if you’d be interested...

Yes! I would like to have your recipe please
    Old 12-31-2020, 10:51 AM

Joe’smom...rest well... I’m sorry you are hurting.

Macybaby....the colors are gorgeous....

yah!!! It’s close ladies! Let the madness begin!