Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

PaperPrincess 03-01-2013 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5896491)
Today is my birthday and I think my daughter and I are going to have a fun day in a neighboring town that has a JoAnn's and several other fabric stores. Wish me luck. I need to delete some more online fabric sites. I received an email yesterday for Kaffe Fassett fabrics in clearance. Ouch!

Happy Birthday, IrishRose!!! Seems to me there should be a birthday exemption!

QuilterMomma 03-01-2013 10:23 AM

You can always treat yourself to the touching and feely time with it and then know you did not put yourself thru any guilt of buying. Happy Birthday!

auntpiggylpn 03-01-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5896491)
Today is my birthday and I think my daughter and I are going to have a fun day in a neighboring town that has a JoAnn's and several other fabric stores. Wish me luck. I need to delete some more online fabric sites. I received an email yesterday for Kaffe Fassett fabrics in clearance. Ouch!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5896824)
You can always treat yourself to the touching and feely time with it and then know you did not put yourself thru any guilt of buying. Happy Birthday!

Birthdays ARE for indulging in guilty pleasures!!! Happy birthday and enjoy your day!!!!

lots2do 03-02-2013 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5883901)
Where is the Happy Apple??? Although I know I can't go there :(

Happy Apple is in Palm Harbor on the Tampa Road. It is a nice, bright shop. Karen, one of the owners, was very friendly and helpful. I bought one tool, one fat quarter and one yard of an interfacing/stabilizer to try out. Grand total for fabric purchases this year= two fat quarters. Not too bad, so far. We are on our way home, now. Hope I can squeeze some sewing time in tomorrow!

deedum 03-03-2013 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished a baby quilt totally out of my stash. It ll be given to a little boy that I hear needs a blanket as his family just don't have anything much.

ladydeluxe 03-03-2013 06:17 AM

Very cute and a wonderful way to use your stash.

lots2do 03-03-2013 06:18 AM

Isn't that cheerful. I'm sure the family will appreciate it.

Wardy74 03-03-2013 10:24 PM

What a sweet blanket. I think homemade gifts are so nice to receive. Love in every stitch

mom-6 03-04-2013 12:34 PM

Ok I have to confess, I jumped headlong off the wagon today. Went into town for a spool of brown thread. Came back with 5 pieces of fabric in addition to the thread. Found two gorgeous batiks for $6.99 a yard as well as three other pieces that called my name. All will be used so I don't feel TOO guilty.

Sophie2 03-04-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 5904006)
Ok I have to confess, I jumped headlong off the wagon today. Went into town for a spool of brown thread. Came back with 5 pieces of fabric in addition to the thread. Found two gorgeous batiks for $6.99 a yard as well as three other pieces that called my name. All will be used so I don't feel TOO guilty.

Hey, you had to buy the three pieces that were calling your name and the other was on sale!!!