Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

Quiltaddiction 01-03-2013 05:19 PM

This sounds just what I need I love starting a new project but the finishing is backing up. I have 6 quilts to finish 1 wall hanging and a couple of challenges from the board. I think that qualifies me :p Wildyard I love the colours in your quilt what a clever little girl your GD is to help.

Annaquilts 01-03-2013 06:30 PM

Well I am not the best in getting UFOs done but I sure have enough of them that need to be done. So here I am, ready for another year.

dublb 01-03-2013 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Wildyard, that's just sooooo cute!:thumbup:

I'm in! I sure hope that I can do more this year. I do have a couple o' baby quilts that are not UFO's but need ta be made. Preferably before the babies are born. One is due in Feb & the other is due in March. I also think I'll try ta do a Pony Club block every other week. I hope I can do more, but I do have other things ta git done too. The first UFO that I need ta do isn't my UFO. I got some QSYG SBS blocks that the late DM, o' a coworker, o' my DH, had done. I also have made a goal o' makin' 11 twin quilts for the residents that are at the Assisted Living Facility that DMIL used ta be at. She may be gone, but I had planned ta make these before she passed. They are a modified jellyroll race pattern. I use 5" x 22"strips. I've got 6 o' these tops made. I'm still workin' on my Quilt Story BOM. I only have half o' those blocks done & had hoped ta have it done by Mother's Day for my DM. Both o' my DSis's quilts need ta be quilted. I have several charity quilts that need ta be finished. I have a butterfly wallhangin' that I hope ta git done for DDIL's birthday on June 5. I also need ta work on my Cousin's stamp quilt. I've decided ta make it completely different than I had originally planed. Gotta git started on it. Do dreams count?? I dreamed about a lovely muslin & brick red Churn Dash, night before last. I can't git it outta my head.
:)

I don't know if ya can call this a UFO or not. DD has been plannin' ta make a twin quilt for DGD but hasn't got it done. She bought fabric for it a long time ago. Well while we were in Brady DD & I talked about makin' sometin' for her while there. We bought fabric & DGD sat in my lap & sewed several o' the squares tagether & DGD planned how they should lay out. I never would have seen this layout. LOL It's all 10" squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385667[/ATTACH]
DD plans on cross hatch quiltin' for it.

mimiknoxtaylor 01-04-2013 01:08 AM

I'm in again but hopefully can do better. My big thing this year is NOT to buy anymore fabric unless needed to complete a project.

druvarna 01-04-2013 03:45 AM

I think I can, I think I can!!!

mosher92 01-04-2013 04:13 AM

Okay folks I am in. I have started a New Years Resolution. I will finish two projects before starting a new one. I have so far done that. I would really be afraid to count my UFO's, I just know I have many of them. Many in different levels of completion. I like the idea of finishing one a month. That might be easier but then When do I get to start new one. Anyway I will be here to support those who are in the same boat I am. I do hope it is a big one cause I don't want us sinking. I am thinking a cruise ship would be good.

solstice3 01-04-2013 05:54 AM

I am finishing one that has turned out horrible. It is a QAYG but I was using up scraps that were not the same size and didn't take adequate care in keeping backing from slipping. Will finish it and pass it on to someone with a pet that needs a blankie! Lesson learned...slow down and pin more!

karenpatrick 01-04-2013 06:01 AM

I've already started for this year. I'm working on a D9P that I've been working on forever. I want this darn thing done and out of my hair. Wish me luck. I'm soooo tired of working on this thing. But if I stop, I'm afraid I'll never start again.

carriem 01-04-2013 06:09 AM

I am working on some blocks for a swap and then will be finishing my "Rosie" quilt...all the blocks are done and sashing is on, just need to assemble/quilt....I do mostly QAYG by the row. I might have a chance to sew this afternoon, but probably not until Monday.

KimmerB 01-04-2013 06:17 AM

I have a 1 UFO, that has been quilted and just needs binding that has been sitting for 4 years, 1 Jelly roll race that I sewed New Years Day and it needs borders and backing. 2 patterns with fabric that I have not started for table runners and a 4th of July wall hanging. Oops found my mom's box of maple leaves to organize and sew into a king size quilt. So I guess that I am in! I need to get them all done before I start another project. Maybe I should not have looked in that closet!