Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

sewbizgirl 01-13-2016 05:30 PM

I'm going to jump on the train with you all... have plenty of UFOs and you might just motivate me to finish some. One a month would be awesome!

Philarena 01-13-2016 05:38 PM

I would love to jump in too. I have at least four tops made or almost finished which now need quilting. I have lots that I haven't even started yet.

terriamn 01-13-2016 05:50 PM

Good grief it took me over 4 hours to get my Handiquilter back up and running. I had a terrible time but finally had it up and running. Just need to add binding.

tkhooper 01-13-2016 08:43 PM

excellent, welcome aboard all.

Terriamn isn't technology fun?

Janice McC 01-14-2016 04:37 AM

Morning Terriamn! Can't wait to see your finished piece! :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7433135)
Good grief it took me over 4 hours to get my Handiquilter back up and running. I had a terrible time but finally had it up and running. Just need to add binding.

Janice McC 01-14-2016 04:39 AM

Sewbizgirl and Philarena, welcome aboard!

sunrise450 01-14-2016 06:54 AM

I have several small items I am obligated to make. I know these are not ufo's but can I count them as a finished project? Believe me, I am a colossal non finisher.
I am sorting my ufo's right now and I am going to start with the one that should take just a small amount of time to complete. I found some embroidery blocks that I started several years ago. I think I am going to put them into my to go bag so I can work on them while waiting or going on a day trip.

tkhooper 01-14-2016 07:39 AM

sunrise450 great idea on the to go bag. I do that with my embroidered victorian crazy quilt blocks. And I also started with a small project. And I have to say that my list includes somethings that aren't strictly speaking ''UFOs." But I believe that the hostess/conductor keeps the quilt police off of the train.

And if it helps you finish I'm all for it. i joined last year even though I only had one quilt that really qualified as a UFO,...and I still have it, ugh.

Anoka Quilter 01-14-2016 09:02 AM

Another Handiquilter person and in MN too. If you ever want to get together and share tips just let me know. I love mine.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7433135)

Anoka Quilter 01-14-2016 09:07 AM

I am looking forward to Saturday night. I am going to an open sew from 4pm-10pm at a LQS, and with any luck maybe I can get all the binding sewn on all the items that needs binding. Then I can sit in front of the TV at night and stitch them down. Yes, I am someone who hands sews their binding. Just don't care for the look of machine sewn binding.