Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

allspots 01-14-2016 08:17 PM

Sandy - I would agree that sewing the binding on the backside by hand is very relaxing! And this time of year, holding your quilt draped over your lap as you stitch is an added bonus.

oksewglad 01-14-2016 08:33 PM

Another hs binding enthusiast here...I love the mindless stitching as I finish off my project...I do machine stitch baby quilts though...just for durability and use the serpentine or 3 point zigzag stitch...

carriem 01-14-2016 08:44 PM

I like the look of hand binding but it takes me forever and by the time I get to binding the quilt is so close to done, that I usually just do it by machine...plus I make my quilts to be used so like the durability like OK mentioned. Smaller things like table runners or wall hangings I will do by hand...just haven't made one of those in a while. I need to get one to the binding stage so I have something to take with me places!! :)

Janice McC 01-15-2016 05:45 AM

Good morning, Sunrise! (How nice that sounds!). We count UFO finishes here. If the projects you are talking about are UFOs, they definitely will be counted. If you finish a project that isn't a UFO and you want to post your finish, you can do that. I just won't add it to the monthly UFO tally. But remember, you are the one who determines if you think a project is a UFO. Everyone may have a slightly different idea of what is, or is not, a UFO. :)

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 7433502)
I have several small items I am obligated to make. I know these are not ufo's but can I count them as a finished project? Believe me, I am a colossal non finisher.
I am sorting my ufo's right now and I am going to start with the one that should take just a small amount of time to complete. I found some embroidery blocks that I started several years ago. I think I am going to put them into my to go bag so I can work on them while waiting or going on a day trip.

beckyw 01-15-2016 06:12 AM

I had a ironing board cover cut out and ready to go for a year. It got done yesterday. Now on to bags cut out and at different stages. The bags need to get done. I made one last year that was not finished for eight years. Sewed one side upside down. Love that bag. It has cats on it. I could have sold that bag many times. Not for sale. Quilts cut out and need to be sewn. Winter isn't long enough, but when is spring coming. Below zero here this weekend.

QuiltnNan 01-15-2016 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 7431168)
Toot toot! Mini Rainbow Swoon (approx. 24" square) is done. It was started last year with the swoon group and with my quilting buddy who challenged me to actually learn to "quilt". Last week, I put the walking foot on and my big girl panties and did it all by myself!! Gotta love YouTube. Binding finished today. :)

this is a terrific quilt

terriamn 01-15-2016 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yahoo my first UFO finish of 2016.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540194[/ATTACH]

Anoka Quilter 01-15-2016 09:17 AM

Very nice Terriann, I love the color combination. Did you quilt that in bubbles? Couldn't really tell by the photo.

Mariposa 01-15-2016 09:28 AM

terriamn~ Congrats on the great finish! Fun modern design and colors. Great quilting~~

Janice McC 01-15-2016 09:32 AM

Toot, toot!!! Congrats on a lovely finish. Love the color combination and the way the yellow pops. :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7434593)
Yahoo my first UFO finish of 2016.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540194[/ATTACH]